pulmonic or cardiac problem?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone

I am female, 19 years &7 months old, not married

I used to have high blood pressure months ago....maybe a year, but i didn't go to my doctor once I knew

Anyway, when I visited my primary care physician, he ordered a medication for two months and then discontinue, and ordered some diagnostic tests and blood investigation

One of them was echocardiogram, just for check up.. but I found that I have mild to moderate pulmonary hypertension (RVSP 42.57 mmHg)

Plus trivial leaking valves: (tricusped, mitral and pulmonary valve regurgitation)

I know it is still not dangerous yet, but I feel that no one helps me to know more

So, when I asked my doctor about it, he told me maybe the Dr of the echo had placed the probe on my chest in a wrong angle.. is that enough?

And finally asked to repeat it later

He didn't even ask me if I have any symptoms!! Because I have..but not that severity

Also I have problem that in the place I live it is not easy to go to or find a really GOOD doctor

So, what should I do?

Do I need to do more diagnostic procedure?

Do I need to follow up with cardiologist?

What else?

Thank you in advance!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

High blood pressure is commonly regarded as having high systolic BP. This may not always be indicative of a poor prognostic outcome. A more realistic measure of elevated BP is central (or mean arterial pressure) which is (SBP + (2 x DBP))/3.

Unfortunately this is too difficult to many health professionals to work out - establish what yours is first.

• Posted

So what should I do?

What next?

Thank you for your reply...

• Posted

I've noticed that your quoted RVSP may be regarded as

being rather high but because blood pressure is pulsatile

your MEAN pulmonary arterial pressure will be somewhat lower and may be within acceptable limits.

If your mean pulmonary arterial pressure is less than 30 mmHg you should not be diagnosed as having pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH).

Perhaps your PCP could clarify the significance between your estimated RVSP and the reduced likelihood of a

diagnosis of PAH.

• Posted

I was mentioning that I had high blood pressure to clarify why I had the test... because some ask me why I had the test in the first place.. so there's no connection between systemic blood pressure and pulmonary blood pressure

And yes, I meant moderate PULMONARY HYPERTENSION, and it is more than 30 it is 42.57 mmHg (Right Ventricular Systolic Pressure) , as I mentioned

So please help me... no one helped at all

Thank you!

• Posted

I was trying to explain that there was a difference

between a systolic pressure measurement and a mean

blood pressure which is lower.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.