puls rate high and lightheaded when getting up from sitting position

Posted , 4 users are following.

can any of you guys help me with advice for this problem? any of you had or have this? i was sitting in bed watching tv then i got up to go to the kitchen, i feel my puls rate high, it was 112-120 and i freaked out, feeling lightheaded.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Yes I have this sometimes, feels like my pule is racing, dizzy and lightheaded and quite breathless as if I cant get full breathes. Even if I don't think im especially anxious at the time
    • Posted

that s whqt happend to me today. i wqs just watching tv, laughing and when i got up from bed i felt my pulse racing, l ws lightheaded and couldn t catch my breath. i m so aware of my heart. i tooked my pulse rate ao many times after that. i m pretty scared about this
    • Posted

It's just what happens,I find I'm worse when its very warm or high humidity, which there is across the UK just now. The more u fix on it the worse it'll be,hard to ignore though I know
  • Posted

Hi, you got up too quickly.
    • Posted

i don t remember doing that, that s why i m ao scared. it such a scary feeling. i m health anxious..
    • Posted

Health anxiety as I'm sure u know just waits for anything to jump on and to obsess about, that's just how health anxiety works
    • Posted

yes, it s the worse. i mean at work at every 6 months they do test to see if we are healthy, ekg s blood work and all thoae thinga. if i had anything wrong i guess it would show up right???
  • Posted

I get this everyday I have had numerous checks to be told im fine and it's anxiety i feel i cant brestge i hsve to hold onto things just from standing pr sfter bending ovet xx
    • Posted

Oh no don't know what happened to my spelling lol x
    • Posted

no problem, ty for your replies. how do you manage this situation?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.