Pulsatile Tinnitus

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anyone experience pulsatile tinnitus?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Yes and muscular tinnitus..thumping, not same as pulsitile. I had that before. It does come and go. Tmj can cause this by the way. Inflammation and such can set it off, and being calm. Blood pressure spikes can do this too,  Being calm is hard with noises in your head and ears. I very recently have been awoken by thumos,  feel and hear them. Muscle spasms in ears. All a mess. Ents dont really do much or care, ni cures. On line  gives weird info in this at times. But it can also go away so you know. See a maxiallary surgeon for tmjd. And if you seriously dont have that check your neck. 
  • Posted

Do you think you have this condition jen0917?

I think I may have this but I'm unclear on whether the noise is supposed to be constant or just comes and goes.

I can hear a whining noise in my left ear.  If I move my head a bit it goes away.  This noise can "strike" at any time, any place.  My husband can actually hear it if he puts his ear near mine. I believe this may be pulsatile tinnitus.  I await an appointment with an ENT at the end of the month.  I have had this complaint for at least the last 7 years, but I did not realise it may be tinnitus until I started with other symptoms and started to google.

My other symptoms I believe are just regular tinnitus.  When it's quiet I can hear tones that change up and down.  Or a humm.  Or static.

I also think Ihave TMJ, which is causing continuose pain in my left ear.

And, finally, eustachian tube dysfunction.

What a mess!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.