Pulsatile Tinnitus - Diagnosed with Thoracic Outlet Syndrome/Kyphosis

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

I am an otherwise healthy 33 year old now. I was wondering if anyone here has experienced pulsatile tinnitus with regard to having posture-related issues, thoracic outlet syndrome/kyphosis (forward curvature of the spine). A doctor at UCLA Medical Center for Vascular Surgery diagnosed me with the issue related to Thoracic Outlet Syndrome with MRI/MRA/MRV. Mine began about 8-9 years ago just shortly after I felt my back change and move forward, in addition I have TMJ issues (jaw dysfunction) if anyone here has found a cure for an onset of pulsatile tinnitus related to any of the above issues please let me know what sort of treatment occurred for you, and where you found help.

Thanks!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

i was very interested to read your post, iv had pulsatile tinnitus for about 10 years but its not really bothered me too much except when im in the quiet but this year iv noticed its got so much louder, i used to be able to hear the pulses but now i can also feel them and so much louder i can't sleep but interestingly you mention your back, i feel mine is arching and aching and as iv been sleeping almost sat up with having sinusitis for the last two months is made it all worse. i get a lot of headaches which i thing is because of my posture. im going to try and be more aware of my posture. thank you brad.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.