Pulsating abdomen

Posted , 2 users are following.

6 months ago I got strange abdominl pulsating. First it was in the area of aorta after that slightly bellow left rib cage. It is not possible to calm it down. Sometimes it looks like I have bird stuck in my belly. Aorta on ultrasound was fine, I had only gallstones. MRI was clear for any abdominal mass. Endoscopy was normal, no hiatal hernia. When I wake up stomach is pulsating, I eat it calms a bit, but than it starts again. All the blood work was fine. I have been diagnosed with POTS but it doesn't explain the pulsations just maybe tachycardia provoked by eating. Sugar provokes tachycardia almost immediately, but the sugar was never high. I have insulin resistance for quite some time. Sometimes I get tachycardia after drinking plain water? I wore heart monitor and they said that I have paroxismal tachycardia provoked mainly by eating. Than they told me that excess gas is causing this issue and that is maybe Roemheld Syndrome or IBS. I do not have diarrhea, just sometimes floating stool from the gas and sometimes soft pieces of stool . Burping and belching is present. Helico is negative in blood and stool. I will do SIBO next week. Gluten is negative. Could it be some extreme GERD as I have pain in mu throat sometimes after waking up even though I sleep on very high pillows. I also realized that certain body position like slight bending aggravates heart issue. Hot water aggravates, travelling in car aggravates as well as laying on the back. So during a day I am most of the time walking. Usually when I sit I get pain very high in the chest above the breast for which I am not sure is it heart or gas that high? Has anyone experienced anything similar? Is it maybe connected with the spine (scoliosis) or vagus nerve? I was out of work for almost 5 months.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

hi elena, i can see why you would be worried. i think this could be gastritis, or gerd, which will cause the burning at the back of the throat and make you have to have your pillows propped up etc. i would ask about both of these and sooner rather than later because you"ll need an answer.after 5 months. good luck i hope someone gives you an answer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.