Pulsating feeling in stomach

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

I have been having a weird pulsating feeling in my stomach for the past 6-7 months now. Accompanied by abdominal pain on both sides but primarily the left. It's gnawing and can come and go throughout the day. Doing the dumb thing I googled it and saw abdominal aortic aneurysm. That freaked me out a little so I got a Abdominal ultrasound that came back normal. That was 4 months ago. It's still beating and it's annoying. I'm scheduled to get an endoscopy done but need to see a cardiologist 1st for an unrelated issue. A potential arrhythmia. I had a doctor check my stomach 2 weeks ago and they pushed extremely hard all over and felt nothing and it didn't cause me much pain. More discomfort then anything. Any idea what this could be? Or is it nothing. I'm taking prevacid for acid reflux and am a type 1 diabetic. I'm 23 and not in great shape but I'm not fat or anything. Maybe slightly overweight. 10-15 pounds or so. If anyone could help that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I should also mention I had a chest x-ray 2 months ago that was normal. And all my blood tests were normal as well. The arrhythmia they said I might have is something called WPW. Could that somehow be causing this? I do get sharp chest pains on the left side at times but I was told that is normal and I have ectopic palpitations.

• Posted

I read somewhere it is just blood pumping through arteries - celiac artery, superior mesenteric artery or inferior mesenteric artery. Maybe it's just that?

• Posted

Hi has your pulsing settled down yet ?I am having similar problems, the pulsing in my stomach is what i described to doctor as stomach palpitations, they were so bad one day i ended up going to A&E as i had a panic attack because of them. I was told palpitations and not to worry as loads of people have them, another doctor checked my stomach as i had googled symptoms and come up with aortic anyurism too. The stress has caused me to have fluttery palpitations in throat now. I had a endoscopy this week to check if my hiatus hernia was irritating my heart but the hernia was not causing it.

• Posted

They haven't settled. They're still there. Sometimes much more noticeable then others. Like I drank yesterday and today they've been really bad. I was told it's just my abdominal aorta. I had my heart checked out and was told it's normal. It's quite annoying though. I'm having an endoscopy in 2 months keeps getting delayed which is really annoying

• Posted

Hihow awful to still have them and no answers as to cause. I have been reading some people can feel the aorta pulsing and it often happens after eating or drinking as your stomach can put pressure on it. I am going to try see a cardiologist as it seems to be the reason why i get flutters in throat through getting anxious because of them. I find the stomach flutters are worse after eating especially if i sit down or bend forwards.

• Posted

Definitely frustrating. I'm now getting left flank pain as well, but it's not constant or anything. Going to the ER would be a waste of time as well since they don't care about your problems unless you're dying. Going to try and get an abdominal ct scan but it'll be difficult since my doctor is so reluctant to send me for tests. Be worth getting your heart checked just to make sure it's not being caused by that because I heard it can be the cause sometimes. Usually not though unless you're having bad chest pain with it. Hope we can both get some answers!

• Posted

Hi, I had pulsating in stomach, you could see it moving, mine was due to a very bad magnesium deficiency as gps left it for 1 year, but that doesn't mean anyone elses is definitely from magnesium deficiency.

I used magnesium supplements daily, and a magnesium pump spray when it started. I had foods high in magnesium to.

Since I haven't had magnesium deficiency iv never had pulsating back.

my deficiency was so bad it was causing other symptoms like foot cramp, leg cramp, digestive problems, fatigue, heart palpitations, anxiety, brain fog etc

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.