Pulsating head veins with headache ?

Posted , 2 users are following.

So over the past year Out of no where I began to develop tension type headaches that go along with my heart rhythm. along with this, the temporal veins on my head swell up and pulsate. This also can happen when I am working or working out and also during a warm bath or shower. When I lay down I can feel my pulse in the back of my head as well. The only thing I can think of is last august, Out of nowhere I felt a flick in the back of my head, almost as if someone flicked a penny or acorn at me. My vision got blurry and I felt out of it for a split second. Nothing came of it though. Also an mri was done and nothing was out of the ordinary. Any advice helps. The only other possibility would be low body fat percentage ? I am 9.8 percent, at 6 foot 2 and 180 lbs. I am active in cardio and weight training as well. No drugs or alcohol and no meds

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

sounds like you could be getting migraines. They can affect your vision as well as give you that pulsating feeling. Overdoing it with the training can bring on headaches. Are you eating a balanced diet? Low carb diets will bring on headaches, dizziness and nausea. Also if you are having artificial sweeteners they can cause headaches.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.