Pulsating Tinnitus?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey guys.

I'm 22 year old female.

5'4 and I weigh 169 ( I've lost 25lbs). No medical conditions that are known.

Anyways I've always had like a pulsating noise in my ears but it would come and go so I don't really notice. It's happens more when I stand up its really loud and hard then will go away. When laying down I can hear it also. It goes along with my heartbeat. Sometimes it's there and sometimes it's not.

Well after the wonderful google search I'm not freaking out because it's talking about tumors and aneurism.

Does anyone else suffer from this? What's your opinions or advice? I messaged my dr asking if should go in but haven't heard back yet.

Thanks.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Has an ENT doctor looked inside your ear?

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

• Posted

Then I recommend that you go.

• Posted

A pulsating tinnitus can mean that there is an artery near your ear causing the sound, or a structure with arterial blood in it that is near your ear or behind your eardrum.  That is why someone needs to take a look inside.

• Posted

What does that mean ? What are the causes? I don't hear it all the time only sometimes or when I stand up my head pounds.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.