Pulsation in ear

Posted , 4 users are following.

helo, does anyone have pulsation in their ear? Ive had menieres FOR A LONG TIME ALSO 3 strokes.last ear the pulsation started. I also have a stapes that has been in for over 20 years. i only have 8 % hearing left and the ent said he would take it out and inject the genticycimine but theres no guarantee. is there anyone out there that can relate? The vertigo has also gotten worse. im so frustrated! THANK YOU. Chris

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi chris i also have meniere disease plus yes i have my heartbeat in my left ear at all times sometimes louder at night while lying down i also always have vertigo and balance issues feel like i am swaying most of the time i do alot of balance excercises my physical therepist recommended for me now this has been going on for ten years now ihave learned to live with with i probably have 4or 5 bad episodes a year i go to my physical therepist for the elpsey maneaver done then it usually takes about a week to feel half normal bit the pulse never goes away hopes this helps u a bit u are not alone

• Edited

Hi, I also have PT in left ear only, virtually deaf in it now. Mine began after I had a hole in my heart fixed in 2009, in 2011 got sepsis, my PT disappeared. In 2013 it returned and never left. Had head mri, they can't find anything wrong. My personal belief is its someway connected to too much fluid thats built up. But unless they do a lumbar puncture I can't prove it and they won't. Took me a long time to come to terms with my heartbeat in my war 24/7 and I basically had to become friends with it to cope. Strange how you've had strokes which seem to trigger yours and my hole in my heart fixed which triggered mine. I can't cope with loud sounds as much as I used to either. Yep it gets me down but unfortunately have to live with it like you. I hope and I pray yours stops and they find a reason why, goodluck x

• Edited

Thankyou Carol, sounds like youve been through it too! The ent ordered an angiogram to see if I have a blocked allergy.

it also be from the stapedectemy. Although, its in the right position. with this virus it will be along time before anything is done. My hearing in that ear is down to 8% so I might as well go for the shot and have the stapes taken out. I know what you mean about living with it. I tell myself it could be worse . The vertigo although, is another story. take care and GOD BLESS! CHRIS

• Posted

hi Chris I was diagnosed about 18 months ago and im currently keeping everything under control thankgod....I don't have the tinnitus but my ear does pulsate a little...what do you take for the meneirs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.