Pulse checking/ heart health anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ok guys I have had about four months of pure torture. In august I was so calm and normal and afraid of nothing. Then idk what happened I started getting really anxious and began to stay in bed for 2 months. I didn't hardly eat or sleep. I have had many many trips to the er with ecgs. They found a short PR Interval. However I have seen two EPs who say it is all where I am young and have a lot of adrenaline. But I am so scared I am going to go into some weird heart arrhythmia that is going to cause sudden death. Could this really all be anxiety? I feel the need to check my pulse like every 5 mins. This is destroying my life.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi billie 

Sorry you are going through this. I do the same thing with checking my pulse because my heart rate races at times at around 115 to a 120 and i have been in the E.R. and have had ecgs myself and they say everything is normal with your heart. 

I myself get scared of dying of a heart attack or stroke because it runs in my family and yes it drives me into anxieties and when i see that my heart rate is high i become more nervous and i always check my pulse also to see if its beating fast or slow and when i can find my pulse i get scared but then i find it 

It is scary and yes this is anxieties which is a fear and you have a right to has these feelings we just have to understand that we are not going to die and we have to get over this fear 

Maybe you have this fear because someone close to you died and you are scared that it will happen to you which is understandable because i do not want to die at a young age like my dad did he died of a stroke around 50 years of age 

• Posted

Elizabeth I have had probably 60 ecgs an echo...seen 4 cardiologist and 2 electro physiologist, and they say I'm normal and my ekgs changes are from the adrenaline...but it is so hard to believe!!!
    • Posted

They said the same thing with me to so its just anxieties that we are going through at the moment 

We should wear a rubber band on our wrist and if we feel like taking our pulse we should snap it to get our minds onto something else 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.