Pulse rates

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have AF, my doc wants to get my resting pulse rate down to about 62,

what about when you have not rested and it go's to say 114 is that dangerous

0 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

  • Posted

    well, best to mention it to your doc. I have a high pulse rate and also have AF but bisoprolol didn't agree with me so I don't take anything!  Usually mine is resting around 100 and not much I can do about it but I guess 114 is rather high so just mention it.  If you're on biso maybe you need to up your dose. All the best.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      So if you have to mow the lawn etc, it's impossible to keep your pulse rate down, surely it does not have to keep at resting heart beat ? He has taken me off  biso today could not stand the effects, I am now on carvedilol two a day, and booked me in to see a specialist.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Yes you're right, impossible to keep pulse at resting rate if you're not resting!  Good you've been put on alternative to biso, I asked about an alternative but was told there wasn't one!  See if the new tab helps. Good you're seeing a specialist, maybe by then your heart rate will have lowered. Try not to worry, stress not good. Take care.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Hi Charles

    I also have AF and after being on dronedarone (no longer approved by NICE but used as no. 1 in US and most of Europe for rhythm control ,I think) my pulse was up in the 120-140+ range and it took 3 months before th medical world reacted.

    My cardiac consultant then put me on digoxin 1.25 which is a rate (not rythym) control med.Been on this for 4 years and feel a whole lot better.

    It has worked fine for me and my pulse is now in the 60-65 range when resting

    I have a PM set at 60.  

    There are some drug on drug reactions with digoxin so they need checking out.

    Also on bisop. 3 X 1.25 per day for BP and also to assist in rate control (so I am told by med staff)

    Suggest you see a consultant rather than a GP and get a 24 hour monitor.

    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up