Pulsing 360 flashing

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have a steady pulsing flashing that is full circle around my eye in low and medium lighting. It is very distracting when driving and watching tv. It is constant flicker that pulses at exact same frequency, like a neon light flicker. Does it in all lighting. Center vision is good, but only about 1/2 of my view is good, rest of my peripheral vision has flashing.

This eye had cataract with single vision silcon lenses and yag surgery 4 years ago. PRK was done about 7 months after cataract for correcting adjustment.

Flash vision started about 5 months ago.

Eye Doctors (surgeon and optometrists) 3 have all said front and back of eye is healty and not the problem. Brain MRI was negative for tumors and optic nerve issues. Leaning toward a neuro problem of some kind...anybody have any idea what this is? My PCP and vision doctors are puzzled.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Going to a Nuerologist next week to see if it is migraine related. So far still flickers all the time in low to medium lighting. Stops outside.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.