Pumpkin Seed Oil

Posted , 11 users are following.

What do you think of pumpkin seed oil? Helpful? Or another thing that wont make a difference. I am going to start green tea, I currently have a 60g prostate (hopefully not grown more this past year) . I take finasteride and uroxatol. I love my daily coffee but I think it's time to cut down on caffeine intake. My uro says turp is inevitable & I'm not a candidate for urolift. He also said I can hold off if I want for a year or 2 on turp... maybe. I pee all the time. Ugh. Oh and I'm 53. Thanks guys

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Uroxatol and alfuzonin are the same. While I was still taking medicines, my urologist suggested I try it in place of tamulosin. However I found the latter caused a dam-about-to-burst reaction and I had to rush for a loo. I reverted to tamulosin. This reduced libido. So I stopped that too. I had a PAE in June 2018 and have not taken any medicines since. My prostate was 130g and I am now 76. A turp I read is an end of sexual activity. You seem too young to think about that

• Posted

No, a TURP is not an end of sexual activity. It most likely will cause dry orgasm, but it's still sex, just less messy, and less chance of getting someone pregnant. What I don't like about TURP is it's too bloody.

• Posted

Thanks for your response. I really don't want to have turp. Comments here lead to seek other uros if needed.

• Posted

Do not take anything that is not government regulated. They will do nothing for you. It is good that you can wait 2 years to make a decision about a procedure.

• Posted

That is a flat-out lie. There is plenty of science backing up the efficacy of nutritional supplements. No of course nothing is going to work instantly, but many get very good results.

• Posted

My first suggestion is that you get another urologist. The information you have provided seems to indicate that you are ideal for urolift. Go online and find a provider in your area and make an appointment. I take pumpkin seed oil daily, but I'm not sure it does any good. I have spent a ton of money on supplements and don't think any of them have helped. The urolift was the right move.

• Posted

I also question pumpkin seed oil and other natural supps, guess they can't hurt... but will also be looking at my options for another uro. My current uro said my prostate is not the right shape for urolift?

• Posted

IMO Pumpkin seed is typically recommended for bladder issues. It would likely be more useful after a TURP or other procedure when your bladder has to adjust to less restriction.

• Posted

I've been drinking green tea for years, hasn't really helped. I just had Rezum in December, still healing from it.

• Posted

Timothy,

Please describe how your Rezum went and what you are experiencing during your healing process.

Tom

• Posted

Tom - My prostate is 72cc and I think I had 10 shots. The Uro told my wife (since I was still out) that she was a little more aggressive than normal (whatever that means), so I had to wear the Foley from Friday the 14th to Thursday the 20th. The following night I just about couldn't pee at 1am in the morning. I had to go a bit, walk around, go some more for like an hour. Also, my daytime flow has been a lot worse than before. Night time has always been worse than day, so now it's even worse.

Went back on the 31st and got some catheters and learned how to CIC from the nurse. I've had to use them almost every night since then. Going on my 4th week now, I still have low volume, pvr, urgency, slow flow, bleeding, temporary pain, etc. That said, I still get out and walk everyday and do normal activities, except for heavy lifting.

This past weekend I worked in the yard, took a 4 hour motorcycle ride and overall feeling a little better today (1/7 - less pain, urgency, a little better flow and volume - still peeing blood at the start and pieces of flesh, but not quite as uncomfortable as it has been over the last two weeks. Maybe things are finally beginning to improve a bit.

• Posted

Just what I suspected about green tea. LOL. Plus you have to drink like 3 cups a day from what I read on the internet. I wonder if supplementing with capsules works just as well, seems like it would be a lot easier.

• Posted

Hi Samuel

I had ok results from exercise, beta sisterine and saw palmeto for a while ( several years). Then I started getting up 4-6 times a night and peeing every 45 min to an hour (never was on medications). When PAE was covered by insurance I got that done. I am 62 had an 200 gm prostate. I got PAE done in December 2018 . Now I getting up 1 to 2 times a night. Can hold urine in my bladder for 2 + hours and libido is fine. Also in my case the Interventional radiologist could only plug one side. Side effects of procedure were all gone within 2 weeks. First week was not so good- had to wear a foley over Christmas, but after that conditions have been improving.

BTW my Urologist wanted to do a simple robotic prostectomy (sp), which is like a super turp.

This PAE may not last but new things are on the horizon ITind looks promising and has been documented in this forum. Right now seems ITind is being done in Europe, and some places in US, but not approved by FDA so insurance will not cover.

FLA also possible but very costly. Also Rezum has been good for some folks with your size prostate (my uro said had to by under 80 gm).

Good luck

• Posted

Thanks for your input here- This forum is helpful- I'm wondering about PAE instead of TURP for me when that day comes... I'll be going into my uro next month and want to check out other options for a different uro in my area.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.