Pure anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

So, this is my firat time on this site and I guess I just want to see if anyone had felt this way or if something is seriously wrong with me.. I've had anxiety for over 5 years, I've had long periods of time where it doesn't bother me at all and then lomg periods of times where I'm constantly in attack mode. I was getting dizzy since valentines day, I was eating dinner I prepared with my gf and it just hit me. Dizziness and a horrible panic attack. I went to the ER and they told me it was just anxiety and an ear infection and gave me antibiotics. I took maybe 3 of the antibiotics and stopped because it started freaking me out. (Bactrim) I went another ER and they told me my ear looked fine and diagnosed me with vertigo, gave me no medication. It cms and went some bad days and.

other really bad days. So I got super irritated and went back to the first ER they told me I was dehydrated and gave me two bags of fluids, dizziness was still there. Doctor told me it was just my anxiet. I went home and slept decent that night. Yet again it came back. My girlfriend and I decided to move back west and drove 2000 miles back towards my mom's. I was still suffering with dizziness and anxiety attacks. I went to the ER here when I got back and yet again they told me just anxiety. Blood, urine, and my cat scan came back good. Yet AGAIN still dizzy. I got fed up with it and went to an urgent care. The doctor there did the SAME exact tests the ER did and told me I have Labrynithitis. He put me on zpack. I just finished. the zpack the day before last and I am still feeling dizzy with some vertigo attacks. Now I'm really starting to freak out. Arm will go numb, I have wHat I heard people call brain zaps. I feel like my memory has gone to craps. I'll know what I've done during the day but it feels like it was either forever ago or that it wasmy real. I feel like everything is a dream, like I'm looking out of someone else's eyes or watching a weird movie. Some nights when I don't take my ativan I have major trouble sleeping. My mind doesn't seem to want to shut off. Racing thoughts, dizziness, irritation, static vision when my eyes are closed, headaches, constant ringing ear, sometimes tolerable other times it makes my anxiety worse. I really don't know what to do at the point. I start work monday and it feels like this is just getting worse. Am I going crazy?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You are not going crazy. You are having anxiety and panic attacks. Try some breathing exercises, and relaxing. I know it is easier said than done. Is Ativan for anxiety? It sounds like you will need to get some medication to deal with this for a while. Don't feel like you have to fight it on your own. Most of us here are on some sort of medication. I have been pretty stressed lately, and do not know what from, but the dizziness is getting bad. So I know from that what is going on. I have had bad anxiety for the past 14 years. I am now in therapy again to try to get it under control. I hope it helps you to know you are not alone in this struggle. Read others posts, and get as much information as you can on here. This is a great group of caring people that are willing to talk to you. Take care
    • Posted

I really appreciate you responding. It makes me feel better. I hate feeling this way, I have a killer headache right now and am getting anxious over thinking that it's something serious like a stroke or something. I freak out taking an ibuprofen because I don't like taking pills. The ativan is for anxiety yes but I try not to take it unless I'm in full attack mode because yet again..I hate taking pIlls. Ha
    • Posted

I understand. I do not like to take pills either. But I take my Xanax faithfully. It gets me through each day. Maybe try taking it as prescribed and see if that does not give you some relief. What have you go to lose? It should also calm the thoughts of something serious, and that you are dying. We all get those, believe me. Any little pain, or something new turns into the worst imaginable. I wake up each morning and thank God for another day smile
    • Posted

I like your style! smile

I willl have to start trying that. I set up an appointment with a therapist at the end of the month too. I'm hoping and praying for the best.

• Posted

First of all you are not going crazy.....but you are getting over anxious. You have been to several ER departments all of which give conflicting diagnosis...so this doesn't help either.  What you need to do is contact the Mental Health Foundation.(google them) and see what they suggest. Alternatively go back to your GP with a list of what happens to you and when and see whether he can offer you any other meds. Are you also anxious about starting your job. What type of job is it.  Perhaps the GP can offer you something to help you sleep. Just for a week or two so that you can start to relax and get things in perspective. Let us know how you get on.
  • Posted

Ive always suffered anxity, but a few years ago I got a cold and got labrinthutus (can't spell i) haha

But it's a an inner ear disorder from a viral. I get constant dizzyness like am on a ship and the world's spinning etc. It's awful I get so scared and this starts my anxity. it's classed as a type of vertigo I had to get refereed to the ent( in the UK) as it went on after 3 months. I hope you get sorted maybe ask to be referred to the ewe ear part of the hospital for years tests.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.