Purple emu oil

Posted , 7 users are following.

Any amazing success stories using purple emu oil? Not sure coconut oil is something I can use all the time. Looking for something else to moisturizer.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Sandra-

I've been wondering about the Purple Emu Oil too?  Is it the same as all of the other Emu Oils?

I've been using Vaseline but not sure this is the best moisturizer.

I'll follow your post.

Sara

• Posted

Hi Sandra. After great success with email which was working out very expensive I now do my own mix. I use mostly coconut oil mixed with emu oil and some tea tree oil. Mix up a pot full at a time. It's working well so far.
  • Posted

I use Emu oil, at first I was reluctant because I had a hard time getting my head around the fact that it comes from a big bird, but once I got over that I started to use it.   I like to use it on alternate days between using coconut oil.   I never use vaseline though, as its too thick, and it takes forever to apply, I need something that will slide on quickly.
  • Posted

Thanks for this question. Can you say where you get it from and how much it costs? obviously this is just palliative and not curative the answer we seek will go much deeper and be multifacetted but I think rotating emollients and ensuring they're chemical free is probably a good philosophy. My only worry (if its ok to mention) is using T tree and other things which interfer with the vulval bacteria which we do need to be present. So i'm thinking bland stuff like olive oil might be a good idea, although I do like coconut oil, I'm wondering since its anti-fungal and anti-bacterial whether it might intefer with our commensals. Is anyone else wondering about this?
    • Posted

I haven't bought any. There's apparently no where to buy it in Canada where I'm from but I believe you can get it from Amazon. I think it's an American company. Quite expensive!
    • Posted

Thanks so much for replying Sandra...and hello! I'll have a look on Amazon
  • Posted

LS likes variety for some unknown reason.  So I use coconut oil, then emu oil etc.  
  • Posted

Hi Sandra, I have used coconut oil,emu oil, aquaphor and vaseline but the one I like best is dermol an emollient lotion. It is both a soap substitute that can be used instead of soaps and a moisturing lotion that is very soothing and soaks into the skin to soften and protect. I get the dermol 500 pump dispenser which goes a long way and is obtained from Amazon at a reasonable price.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.