Purplish spots all over my body

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I have been recently diagnosed with LP. It was just under my knee for a month and I took flu shots. Within 2 days the lp spread all over my body. I have purplish spots all over my body just leaving my face and neck. They are very very itchy and painful. I am crying hard every day thinking what did i do to get this. I am thinking of trying life force homeopathy. Or should I take immune suppressant dugs and steroid given by my doctor. I am not sure what I should be doing. Generally how long will it take for the itching to subside on its own if I don't take any medicine. Please guide me.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Never heard of this.  I have had it LP for years.  You might try to talk with Dr Nancy Burkhart at the University of Texas she is she is very much up on this re had disease.  Good luck
  • Posted

Stop crying my friend we need to be stress free ! See a homeopath get Merc or silica it clears mine up in days steroid s not good xx

• Posted

my doctor says the steroid is the best. rub it in good.
  • Posted

Ohh sorry to hear 

I remember that it happened with me same way to my lichen planus got flared up since flu shot

• Posted

Hi I also have the same condition, I was covered in lp from the neck down, the itching made my life hell i know exactly how you feel. It will stop, the worst itching lasted around 2 months for me and I found been too hot always made it worse, I would claw my skin until it bled  it is unbearable..  I was given tablets and steroid creams however these did nothing the only thing I found that helped was cool showers then covering my self in E45 anti itch cream 3 times a day.  It will go away  Hope you start feeling better soon xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.