pustules in hand and foot.....

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am suffering from pusstules on hand and foot for 8 days....blood ,urine everything normal..puss culture shows no growth.....no fever or any other supported symptoms......what is the possible diagnosis??..help me out please......

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Are they itchy, did anything trigger their arrival?

Have a look at DermNet NZ.

• Posted

they are not itchy...doc is asking to take biopsy...thanks for the link
    • Posted

can you please confirm it as Dyshidrotic Eczema ....found out it from your atlas as you suggested......and symptoms are almost the same.....
    • Posted

Otherwise known as Pompholyx, that is very itchy.  Has your doc tried a steroid cream?  You would need a 'potent' or 'very potent' one.  If it begins to clear with that, then it could be Pompholyx.

A biopsy is probably a good idea.  My disease was proven by biopsy.  I have Mucous Membrane Pemphigoid [Cicatricial Pemphigoid] but, that too is very itchy and the itching only went when I was prescribed Prednisolone.

Let me know how you get on.

• Posted

Oh dear they do look nasty!  But clearly [I'd guess] you are not in UK as I doubt if they would bother with all those tests here!   I'd guess soaking in hot water with some salt [teaspoon to a pint] to get rid of the actual pustules and antibiotics from the  doctor
  • Posted

See a derm... a biopsy taken will show if ...psoriasis, yeast or allergy....???..a biopsy will give u the answer. It's difficult to tell from UR pic. Sometimes pics of these things look alike online. Best to check with a derm. He can give u a diagnosis and a prognosis.

It sort of looks like palmoplantar pustular psoriasis also can effect the bottoms of feet . It is a auto immune disease.

Try witch hazel mixed with liquid glycerin 50/50 or cortisone OTC . Don't let UR Hands or feet get infected. Keep clean and rinse well with glycerin soap and cover with above mixture or cortisone until u have a diagnosis.dont use regular soaps with Laural suffer.  Protect UR hands from any chemicals . Wear cotton gloves. 

keep us posted...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.