Put on half pay at work- can I claim ESA to top it up

Posted , 3 users are following.

Been off work since early July (awaiting VRT treatment for balance issue) and work have told me I will be on half pay from now. Is there xny benefit I can claim to top my income up for a short while? I am hoping VR treatment helps me get back to work before Xmas. Signed off until 22 Nov at moment.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dawn, yes once you go to half pay you ccan claim ESA.

But you should really be on full pay for 6 months, depending

On how long you have been with your firm and of course

their policy

Is. You could ring DWP and explain your situation if you are eligible

They will send forms. I actually got help from CAB to fill my forms in

Good luck,, I think you should apply for PIP as well, coz you can get

PIP even if you are working,, but both benefits may need an assessment

At some point. You can claim ESA in the assessment phase for 13

Weeks while they decide if you are eligible,,, if you are then they will increase

Payment or stop it. BBut what you get for 13wks is yours, does help

With the money situation, you should also find out about SSP

Good luck ☺

• Posted

Don't forget you might also qualify for housing benefit and/or council tax rebate.  google govt uk.

• Posted

Thank you all for your replies. I will ring DWP as suggested as request form.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.