PVC Anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 46 years old and have had heart flutters (PVC's) since my early 20's. I saw a cardiologist back then and had all the tests to be told I was fine and that it is due to anxiety. I have had them off and on since and they never bothered me. Well for some reason since Sunday night I have had them nonstop and it feels awful. I struggle with health anxiety also so that doesnt help anything. They are so frequent like every 3-7th beat so Monday I went to the ER and had bloodwork and an EKG and the doctor said they arent anything to worry about but referred me to a cardiologist to wear a holter monitor. I did this years ago as well. I am just so boggled by why all of a sudden they are going crazy, crazier than anything I experienced in the past. Has anyone else experienced this?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I feel for you! With your PVC'S do you get a fluttering/surge feeling in your throat. Mine seem to come on with anxiety but it could be the other way around...the PVC'S give me anxiety. Don't know!!! I have a 24 hour holter monitor coming up this week so that will hopefully catch something if that's what is effecting me. It's horrible isn't it? So very scary!

• Posted

I am sorry you are struggling with these also. They are awful. I talked with my PCP and she seems to believe they were brought on by hormonal fluctuations which I am dealing with and then my anxiety over them makes it worse. Its good you are getting them checked out. I feel like I want to see a cardio doc again too just to be safe. Mine feels like a skipped beat then a harder thump after but sometimes I do feel a sensation in my throat and it gives me an urge to cough.

• Posted

I've been on the computer all morning in desperation to find some answers or reassurance and I found this forum. Reading your post may as well been me writing it. Literally.

I had PSVT 20 years ago and had all the testes, etc. done. Luckily my heart was good. I'd get skipped beats here and there after.

But now it's AWFUL and almost unbearable. I've been through all the tests and my cardiologist keeps telling me I'm fine. I had an appointment two months ago for him to literally yell at me to stop worrying. But, these beats are maddening and disruptive and are killing my anxiety.

I'm 44 and a female. And in perimenopause. My period was late this month and I seem to always get these stupid PVCs when I'm dur for it. Finally got my period and right now they're stilling happening all the time. I messaged my cardiologist AGAIN telling him I have 15 skipped beats in three minutes and want to make sure I wasn't going to drop dead.

They simply told me that they already saw I had PVCs on my event monitor, did the echo, did the stress test, and I am fine. THAT DOESN'T MAKE ME FEEL BETTER. I was really hoping they'd settle soon and I know my anxiety is fueling them at this point. But, how do you not freak out when the heart keeps feeling like it's stopping?

I just wish my doc wouldn't be so non-chalant. All I can hope is it's my hormones and it settles soon since my cardiologist doesn't seem to be concerned. I'm camping this weekend and am freaking out that I'll be dealing with the sipped beats all weekend.

So bottom line... I feel you. Do you have times where you get runs where you just notice them for hours on end? i try to meditate when that happens but it only partially helps.

• Posted

omg yes! I have days where I will have runs of them and some days I barely get any. It is very frustrating. I keep working out because I feel like if I can get through an extremely difficult workout then my heart must be fine. It is sooooo hard not to focus on them. I definitely think anxiety and hormones are the culprit. I am sorry you are going through this as well but it is nice to have someone to talk to about them. Please stay in touch. We will get through this.

• Posted

hi im having same issue with this too as im getting skipped beats ive had anxiety for 15 years or more im on sertraline 100mg and im sooo worried please if anyone sees this please try advising.

i stopped propranonol over week ago 80mg as it was making me dizzy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.