PVC's

Posted , 5 users are following.

I experience PVC's daily. I have had two cardiac ablations to attempt to rid both my SVT and PVCs. About four years ago, I was given Adenosine because my heart rate rose to 257 BMP and nothing could get it down. 3 doses of Adenosine and a defibrillator later, I am lucky to be alive. Now, my heart rate does not get that high anymore- it does rise to 170 for no apparent reason. I also experience PVCs that make me drenched in sweat, dizzy, and honestly...TERRIFIED. Can anyone relate to this? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Katie, I cannot relate to the fast heart rate or the ablation. But the PvCs yes. Have they got you on a monitor? Are you sure these are just PVCs and not Afib or NSVT. It sounds more like one of those. I am not trying to frighten you, but I think you need to go back to your cardio Dr( I hope you are seeing a EP). Maybe you could get a loop recorder implanted then they could see what is happening when you get these things. I had mysterious things like that, got a Linq recorder implanted, in a few minutes, they found out I was having heard pauses and slow heart rate at night. So, Pacemaker for me! No more of those problems. I still get skipping heart and developed afib, but am happy I will not pass out driving, etc. I hope this helps. Maybe metoprolol would help. It regulates your heart rate.I take it. God bless and let us know how you are doing!!
  • Posted

Sorry Katie, I meant they found out in a few months what was happening to me. So sorry. But it may not take that long for you. Hugs!
  • Posted

Hi Katie

I have paroxisma AF which has got more frequent over the 9 years since it started . I’ve been seeing a cardiologist who 3 years ago put me on low dose beta blocker, flecainide and apixaban. Had to go to A&E when it was happening so they could record it and send him results. Heart rate 200  so very scary I know.Since then got very frequent and now had an ablation in June and another 6 week’s ago. I am still having horrid episodes but not as long lasting. I have just seen 2 cardiologists on line talking about vagal AF and quoting all my symptoms. I had already mentioned it to my guy but he said evidence but no proof!! I am seeing Electrophysiologist on Thursday and will ask him his opinion. Sorry so long winded!! 

It seems to be an epidemic!!

Hilary

• Posted

Yes, Katie

Your story sound a nightmare.I have had periods of Ventricuar ectopics........always frequent  about 15 to 30 a minute They go on day after day, .and it leaves me short of breath and sometimes woozy in the head as tho I'm going to faint (I never do ),No good going to the Dr as I.ve had all the tests and they say the ectopics are 'Benign'.I get acute anxiety  with it.The thought of this for the rest of my life is frankly depressing.The Dr says there are drugs to deal with this but they have dangerous side effects.  It takes over your life doesn't it. Modern medicine hasn't got this one sussed I'm afraid.

I guess its no consolation knowing there are others out there suffering.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.