PVCs

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, I'm new here. Nice to meet everyone. Some background. Im 32 and have been dealing with PVCs for a few years now. Up until about a month ago, I'd have them occasionally, 1-5 a week. I started a new job last month that's extremely physical and they've increased 10 fold. The weird thing is, I usually only get them when I first wake up and start my day. My heart rate has been a lot lower than normal lately in the 48-55 bpm range. This is when my PVCs occur, during my resting heart rate. Once I get to work and my heart rate increases to 100 or above, the pvcs stop and my heart beats at a regular pace. I don't drink caffeine anything. My cardiologist says it's normal. I was just at the ER last Friday because I cant get into my cardiologist until mid-January and they ran an EKG, blood work, and chest x-ray which were all normal. They prescribed metoprolol but told me not to take it if my heart rate is below 60, and only take it when I have a bunch of palpitations, which only occur when it's below 60. I'm pretty much stuck just dealing with them. They're annoying but since I've always been told they're harmless, I usually just ease my mind, avoid a panic attack, and tell myself I'm alright and I'm fine. The increase still worries me a lot. I dont drink. I don't eat terribly. I am a little overweight. I do have GERD, but I manage it with medication. I get plenty of exercise, BUT this is the first actual highly physical job I've had in a few years. I don't do drugs. Does anyone else have these symptoms like mine where their PVCs only occur when their heart rate is low? My biggest fear is that since I'm having so many now that one day ill be at work and just go into cardiac arrest. We do have AED machines at work, but who knows what would happen with those. Im having about 200-500 a day in the mornings now. Not all in a row, but a hard beat, my heart pauses for a moment, then beats regularly again until my next PVC. Any help would be much appreciated.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.