PVCs again always same time during the year!!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

hello. im a 36 year old male. i have had pvcs since i was a teenager in high school. My cardiologist then put me on metoprolol extended release 25 mg once a day. I feel as if i get runs of Pvcs for months during the cold months. Does anybody else feel the same way? I dont drink alcohol or caffeine and am not overweight. Anyone have any suggestions on how to help witb PVC's? These times make my life not so great. Thank you for listening.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Indirectly yes. I've had some really bad PVCs or other unspecified arrhythmias (that the doctor assures me aren't serious but what does he know) for several years now that are worse when my blood pressure runs higher - and my blood pressure runs higher right around the winter solstice - even in Los Angeles where "winter" is just a relative term.

• Posted

Hi my name is Kevin Story I’ve been having PVCs since I was 16 and im 52 years old now so i had svt when I was 16 they did a cardiac ablation on me at 37 I still have PVCs and I’ve been on metoporol 100 mg twice a day for 20 years and The cardiologist just switch my medicine to Labetalol I feel much better on that medicine i have PVCs real bad in the cold weather as well and I’m always have PVCs throughout my whole life I know people that have 4000 to 5000 PVCs a day just make sure you get the proper echocardiogram to check your heart functions and if your heart is functioning OK you can live with PVCs I can feel all of my PVCs in my throat I have a small Chokee ffilling every single time I have one it really makes it worse you just have to try to stop worrying live with them and do not eat greasy foods seems like every time I eat greasy food I start having PVCs eat greasy food in moderation and I don’t drink do caffeine or beer neither I never excercise intensivly on a incline treadmill for at least 20 min a day good luck

• Posted

do Exercise for at least 20 minutes and then but on my new medicine love Baylor Law IExercise for at least 20 minutes and then but on my new medicine labetalol 100 mg twice a day I feel much better now feel much better now good luck

• Posted

medicine labetalol my phone keeps corecting

• Posted

I have been experiencing PVC's for several years. Within the last couple of years they have gotten more frequent. My cardiologist tells me that they are benign and nothing to worry about. I have worn a holter monitor for a month to record my heart rhythm and the irregular beats. The result was - nothing to worry about, although they cause me a lot of anxiety when they happen frequently. I have noticed that as fall approaches and winter arrives, they seem to be more frequent. I have also noticed a co-relation to digestion. It seems that there are times when I am experiencing the frequent PVC's, and I will have something to eat, and they go away... and there are other times when I am not having them, and I will eat something and they will start. So I wonder about food additives... MSG etc. I have also noticed that at times when I am having them, if I can burp, they will become less frequent and then go away. I've read about the vagus nerve playing a part in the PVC's and I feel that there may be some relation to the esophagus and the way our gastro system works. Does anyone have any thoughts on that? The only heart medication I am on is Coreg CR 20 mg. I've taken that for about 10 years. My blood pressure seems to be in the normal range most of the time. Sometimes when I am having the frequent PVC's, my blood pressure will be on the low side - 115/72. I only wish that there were something that would eliminate them because they do cause lots of anxiety. And then there are long periods where they are few and far between. I try to figure out what changed or what I've done differently.

• Posted

Yah, doctors are quick to dismiss them as "harmless", meaning they won't kill you outright or quickly, and I guess that seems to be right since I'm still here years later, BUT as I told my doctor last time - when I'm having them, if a bear was chasing me, the bear would catch me. And that's not "harmless". I guess I need to avoid bears, until there's a cure.

Beta blockers sometimes help.

My arrhythmias get worse with higher blood pressure, they don't necessarily vanish with low blood pressure but happen less often and seem less severe.

Yes, there is often a tie-in with eating, via the vagus nerve or whatever, snacking is one form of self-therapy, in some cases. Various forms of acupressure can sometimes help as well.

• Posted

I've wondered about acupressure for these things. I did have a session with an acupuncturist a while back. I'm not sure if it helped much, but it was very relaxing. The thing I didn't like was that the acupuncturist recommended several supplements for me to take. That cost me over $200. I took the supplements, but they didn't seem to make much difference. I've also read about chiropractors providing some help. I haven't tried that yet... although I've been to a chiropractor many years ago for back issues - and it did help with that.

• Posted

Just a little squeeze of the upper part of the nose, or lightly massaging the lower edge of your eye sockets, and suchlike, can sometimes help. Free of charge!

I saw a list once online, but then couldn't find it again.

• Posted

i started experiencing PVC's around 2013. I was told mine benign as well. In 2015 I was finally put on telemetry for 24 hours and found out I had 22,000 in that time frame. Turns out I had ARVD . My sister died of sudden cardiac death in 2014 from the same congenital heart defect. PVC's are an abnormal rhythm originating from the ventricle. That is never "good" as far as I'm concerned.

• Posted

hello everyone im going through same thing i had svt ablation 2 years ago finally had my anxiety under control now this i didnt pay to much attention at first then after having much pain with a pinched nerve it made me pa attention now anxiety is back with a vengeance i can fill it in my throat as well and tightness is head and chest and it makes me anxious and messes with my breathing i wake and it starts the funny thing is when my anxiety is calm down and im relaxing i can feel it stop beating then hit hard on my chest but it dont bother me or my anxiety go figure also when i eat it seem to ease the anxiety i have an appointment with my heart doctor i have a loop recorder in and they keep an eye on it at the office but no phone call im already taking medicine been taking it for 10 years others the side affects were terrible so im going to see if he will ablate it its easy for them to say live with it let them try it i also have palpitations medicine dont really work no more they dont know why i have them the thing is im not afraid of this or to die my body kust goes into fight or flight i think because your body is doing something different that it didnt do before i have to wait till the 8th of april then another month if he does ablation we just suffer no rush right

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.