Pvcs and gas?

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I have been getting Pvcs for a good few years now and I am 22 now! What scares me is last night when lying down and watching a film I got an onset of 2 Pvcs and then they started and continued on and off for a few minutes flowed by at of belching and then again tonight I go to lay down and watch a film and I feel a PVC and then I get a bout of them and I have about 5 or 6 within 10 seconds which makes me panic.

Does anyone else have this? Help if possible, thanks.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I feel the same way you di. I have only had a few pvc's in the last couple of weeks but ive had them go on for minutes at a time when laying down. Ive had echos stress test and holter monitor and theres nothing wrong with my heart but it scares the crap out of me when it happens. I just try to calm myself down and relax.

• Posted

Hi. I'm 40, and have had exactly what you're describing for as long as I can remember. The key is to watch what you eat; eat whatever you like, and drink, but do not over eat; and try to relax.

There is absolutely a correlation between what you're experiencing and trapped gas. 

I find alcohol, in moderation (!), helps; it relaxes you. 

But the real key is to not over eat, and make sure you're all digested before lying down. 

Also, lose some weight if you really need to..

All the best,

• Posted

Dominik, I find my ve's are not related to ANYTHING. ! They come  and last for about a month (very frequent....sometimes bigeminy when I feel distinctly faint...but never have ) Then they disappear  completely for about a month .However, when I'm having  the VE's they reduce in frequency   when  I am laying flat and  can disappear overnight, but soon as I'm up and about again .....off they start , making me feel exhausted before I've done anything. I think we must all be different. I just think Its strange that Drs dont know why they happen.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.