PVCs and pac tachycardia

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had super ventricular tachycardia at 16 years of age my heart would beat 250 times a minute until I was 37 I had a cardiac ablation for svt now I have pvc and pac and a little atrial fibrillation now I am 51 and still having them I still worry about them I feel a choking sensation every time I have a pvc or pac does anyone else have these feelings I have had these feelings for 35 years 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I don't know much about afib other then some people need blood thinners for it. But pvc/pac are harmless according to my cardiologist. I'm 36 and have diostolic dysfunction. I don't have svt but I would get a higher then normal HR. My cardiologist put me on a beta blocker. Last year but says I can come off now or take it as needed for the heart palpitations PVC or PACs. I choose to take it. I do get them once in a while that I can remember. Are you on a beta blocker?

• Posted

Yes I’m taking metoprolol 100 mg 2 time a day been taking since I was 27 it lowers your blood pressure and slows your heart rate I take 7.5 mg Coumadin blood thinner but i still have pvc and pac But for the most part it has worked so far as keeping my heart in rhythm and sometimes I go a couple of months without PVCs good luck with everything  The best thing to do is try not to worry stay stress-free as much as possible 
  • Posted

Oh yes, and for 45 years! Feel the jump in my throat, pain in throat,pain with skip,you name it. I have bad news and good news! As you  age you will get more skips, aging does that, the good news, the skips are very very very rarely dangerous. They do not lead to heart attack. Your risk of SD ( sudden demise)is about the same as every one. And they do not lead to hear attacks! If you have a normal heart you are good to go. Go talk to your EP if you are really worried. They will not do anything but tell you to realax unless you are having 65% of the time skips! I still get nervous and scared sometimes if I have them when I am relaxing or just waking up. Is the nature of the beast! The wolf at the door syndrome they call it! Breathe , take magnisssium and enjoy your life as much as possible. Huge Hug!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.