pvcs ectopics with position change

Posted , 4 users are following.

Im 33 year old male, started getting ectopic beats a few yeas back. Was given bisoprolol low dose but caused 3 episodes of fast heart arrhythmia so i discontinued instantly, ecg showed iRBBB which i think may have had something to do with it sad now im left with the same ectopics as befor but new occasional episodes where they come very frequent(2-3 per min) and feel like they are triggered by something ie cold weather, laying down in bed ,bad stomach issues ect, episodes last few hours aprox. im wondering if anybody else has had similar issues?  i also notice that when i go from standing to sitting my heart usually throws out a few ectopics(PVCS) also heart feels like its struggling to beat(pounds hard) with that position change which makes me wonder if its something to do with heart rate, ie going from faster heart rate(standing) to slower heart rate(sitting) or maybe blood pressure? ive had echo, stress test, ecg, holter ect and came back clear but these was before the new symptoms caused by the beta blockers. hospital and doctors have no interest  in trying to capture the new symptoms which has led me to put in a complaint to the nhs which i really didn't want to do but i know that im being shrugged of  sad im learning to cope with stress anxiety ect and dealing with ectopics  but would love to know if anybody else has had similar symptoms exp, ect. Any feedback greatly appreciated smile  

Also few other bits of info, been told by cardio - postural hypo tension and sinus tachy, was told ectopics are mainly pvcs.

Symptoms now(after beta blocker) pounding heart comes and goes, low heart rate in the evening(50s) hi heart rate in the mornings 120+(standing) episodes of more frequent ectopics(occurs once a week aprox, last for a few hours then goes, possibly triggered?

dizziness on and off and sharp stabbing chest pains(although i suspect abdominal issues for this, wind bloating ect),  strong buzzing sensation in chest.

cant help but think my vagus nerve is involved in all this somehow.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

thats exactly what i have

skipped beats when changing position from standg to lying i think i get those after taking beta blockers too

i stoped taking it and the symptoms remains same

hight rate at mornings low at evning

my heart beats hard with a little exerction

iam 21 years old

please if you find any thing tell me

i will tell if i find the problem too

• Posted

Hi thanks for message, ive replied to your message
  • Posted

Matchup,

I suffer ectopics just as you've described. I also suffer with a pause after a bout of ectopic, this is very disturbing at times. You can feel th heart stop briefly, then fire back into life. I have dealt with the anxiety it causes by rationalising this pause as a reset, a natural reset.

I have seen 2 different cardiologists, they say it's harmless, but they are not living with them.

In November I went in for an Ablation in an attempt to tackle the ectopic. No joy, they come from several areas and 1 is near the left ventricular, too sensitive an area to risk the procedure.

I now take Asprin, 5mg Amlodipine, 16mg Candesartin, these are all mainly for my blood pressure. On exercise my blood pressure rises and they think this could be causing som of th ectipics. 

The consultant has now added Bisrolol 1.25mg and Flecainide 50mg. Since going into the Bisrolol and Flecainide, my chest has calmed and quietend down. I hardly feel the ectopic at all, such a relief.

Im 4 weeks into this new cocktail and will keep monitoring, but early signs are good.

Ask your quack about Flecainide, it may or may not be suitable for a trial at least.

Matt

• Posted

Thanks for replys ,really appreciate it smile its amazing how many people struggle with these things, im a bit stuck at the moment as since taking the beta blockers( which made me worse) know body seems to want to deal with me which has forced my hand to complain. I was looking into flecanide and it seems pretty good for ectopics but at the moment I cant even see a cardiologist as there not interested sad ill report back if I get any progress but until then I suppose its just the psychological game sad just wondering does anybody else notice that there can be a pattern to them , ie times of day ect

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.