PVCs, weird medical history. NEED HELP!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm desperate

I'm a 38 year old male with PVCs and random anxiety and occasional panic attacks. A little back ground:

I was hospitalized in 2005. I was extremely weak, with chronic back pain. My hemoglobin/red blood cell count was half of what it was supposed to be. I had every test under the sun done and yet they couldn't figure out why I was sick. They flew in some hot shot doctor from a different city and he examined mr and looked at the tests done for less than 10 minutes. He determined I had inflammation in my esophagus. I didn't take him seriously. They discharged me after a week and a month later my blood work came back normal.

Fast forward to 2011. Life was awesome, I had just finished having a good time with some friends when I had a massive panic attack. I didn't know what it was at the time and I called and ambulance. They said it was a panic attack. The hospital confirmed it was the case. After much research, I wasn't convinced. Had a bunch of heart work done up and everything was normal. I started having PVCs 6 months after my first panic attack. It was hard to believe it was psychological and not physiological. I had more heart tests done and everything came back normal. I had a hard time with it. Tried SSRIs, and they were TERRIBLE. They just gave me more and more anxiety.

Fast forward to late 2013, I randomly coughed up large amounts of blood for a week. Fresh blood. I went to the hospital and after an MRI, scope, again nothing was found. The doctor that performed the scope suspected acid reflux but wasn't sure. Gave me some pills, I didn't try them. I'm not sure why. I also coughed up blood in late 2014 AND 2015. That's three consecutive years. It randomly stopped with no treatment.

I personally feel like there is a link between 2005 and now. My random anxiety and PVCs. It's getting really hard living with them. I have three awesome children and a rockstar wife. I'm on a journey to find out what's causing all this. I want to feel normal. In 10 years I have felt normal only after seeing my accupuncturist that providedme with Chinese traditional herbs. The first time I went to him (2017) I was symptom free for 6 weeks. I was also taking a high magnesium treatment at the time and figured that it was the magnesium. So I dropped the accupuncture as it was very expensive. My symptoms came back and life got in the way. My children were born and I couldn't look after myself. I started seeing my accupuncturist 3 months ago and for two weeks I was symptom free again. It was beautiful. He said a lot of the herbs are anti inflammatory.

I'm just hoping this story reaches someone that can give me ideas. My family doctor is performing more tests now since I started seeing him.

I generally always have non cardiac chest pain that extends to my left arm (this has been confirmed as non cardiac by many cardiologist). I often feel bloated and gassy. Recently, for the last 6 months or so, I have had to go to the washroom immediately after I eat. I also use the washroom in the evening about every hour. My stool is often floating or diarrhea. This is only recently but j have always felt like I've had digestive issues.

I'm not sure anymore what to think. I'm almost sure this is physiological from the beginning. But so many doctors have tried to convince me that these are physical symptoms from physiological issues. Normal childhood for the most part. I'm a little of a worrier. This is all I can think of. Any help would be welcome. Lots of love! Thank you in advance

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Reading through this it seems that for many years you have ignored the advice given by your doctors and have instead turned to Dr Google, probably the worst doctor on the planet, as he will come up with any diagnosis you want.

Clearly anxiety is a big problem for you, as are digestive problems. The two may well be linked . Have you had irritable bowel syndrome in the past or known allergies?

I have no idea what your diet is like, but keeping a detailed daily diary of things you eat, drink and do and any resultant symptoms and problems might help you.

Have you looked up the vagus nerve which impacts heavily on the heart and digestion?

Going along to a doctor with a detailed record of your problem might help everyone to diagnose what is at the root of your problem

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.