Pvcs worse since covid

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have suffered with eptopics for years i have had more Ecgs and holters than i can count , last year they were hapoening more frequent so had another 24 hour monitor results the same pvcs but nothing to worry . echo came back fine,

i got covid 2 weeks ago and tthe past 4 or 5 days the eptopics have been horrendous, they come in clusters and they can last for some time i have episodes that cone on throughtout the day i get them for a minute at a time them normal then again then normal i actually feel like im going insane. its probably one of the scariest feelings and knowing its your heart doesnt help

im not sure if covid has caused this massive flare up, i feel a doctor will say its covid related regardless at the monent anyone else similar?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Same here. I am no stranger to PVCs. I have suffered for many years. Its been at least a year that i have had any PVCs. I started getting them Friday and by Sunday they were all day every day. I also tested positive for Covid yesterday (Sunday) as well. I am driving my self crazy. Has yours gotten any better?

• Posted

sorry ive only just come across your reply, my eptopics went after a week of horrendous ones, how are yours?

• Edited

most certainly from Covid ,,,mine started on the fourth day of Covid symptoms in March 2020 and never completely gone away currently iam having very bad episode started 4 months ago and still going ..i have never ever complained about my heart before covid and when i first felt Ectopics i didnt know what it was i thought it was coming from my stomach ...what iam sure of that covid caused me some sort of heart inflammation either myocarditis or precardities and this can mess up the heart conducting system...this is due to the immune system aggressive response in some people against covid because i remember i recovered in about 5 days but the inflammation in my body was too high which affected the heart ..those Ectopics making my life miserable...i had an appointment with an Electrophysiologist on the NHS and said if those Ectopics is coming from the ventricles he will ablate it but if it is coming from the atrium he will not ..still waiting for Holter monitor,,echo, stress test ...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.