PVD new thread

Posted , 2 users are following.

Starting a new one on PVD in the hope it catches someone's eye (excuse the pun).

I had a very simple PVD in my right eye in late 2018, all finished within about 2 weeks.

On 7 February this year I felt it all start in my left eye - sudden flashes, lightning blue flashes after dark etc. Normal eye examination but she explained that sometimes they can't see the detachment because it's in an area they can't see.

This time it's going on for 2 months now with different symptoms - blurred vision, pulsing in bright light, a weird one when I put on mascara and the wand seems to have flashes coming off it.

I went to an eye clinic in the hospital where the doctor just shrugged and said it would "probably be OK in a couple of weeks" - it isn't.

Anyone out there having PVD problems at the moment? Anyone's go on for months? I realise it's only been 2 months and maybe I was just lucky with my first one.

It would be nice to share experiences as I don't know anyone who has had this.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Hi. i know how you feel. I started with pvd in my left eye last April and its still ongoing with all sorts of strange symptoms. I went back last week because i got yet more floaters and she told me she can see the big floater in front of the optic nerve but cant see either side so cant tell me if it's still attached or not, i was hoping it would be over and done with by now. My right eye started flashing and floaters in November and last week she said theres no sign of a pvd even tho there's massive floaters there so i dont know whats going on there. I dont know about you but i hate it

• Posted

Wow, a year! I was incredibly lucky with my first one and wasn't told at the time that they can go on for so long so wasn't expecting this. Floaters are my least troublesome symptom really, I don't like all the weird lights and the sensitivity to light.

I really hope yours clears up soon, I may be asking you some more questions!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.