PVNS in Foot & Ankle

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have Giant cell tumor and PVNS, I had surgery last year and now its is back.  I went to my Doctor in NYC and he feels another surgery is warranted.  Does anyone have PVNS in the foot and ankle?  Mine is diffused and I waited a long time before surgery, i have lots of damage.  It seems that no one has the PVNS in the foot.  I would hope someone can help me with this, i know it is rare

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

My husband had surgery late 80's foe what they thought tendon issues.  The orthopedic surgeon had not ever seen it, and just told use that it was good.  Fast forward to May 2017 husband has a extremely swollen and painful ankle and foot. Sports Medicen orthopedic told us he had defuse PVNS.  Now learning this he should have had surgery with 6-10 after the first one. Will post after oncologist see him and surgery is done.  

• Posted

My son has the PVNS since 2016, had surgery and now the tumors are back and he has to go back to doc in 2 weeks and will need surgery again.  We are located in NY and he is going to a doc in NYC.  What happen with your husband surgery?  How old is he?  Any help to see how your hubby is will help.
  • Posted

Hi Liz how is it going I have pvns in my foot had surgery October 2014 to remove tumour from top of foot was 50mm long 35mm wide 10mm thick damage too tendons massive parts of arthritis it has come back on the sole of my foot and was told cannot operate so looking at amputation 
    • Posted

So sorry Ryan, the issue is with my son who is 40 years old. after his first surgery now 18 months later the tumors are back.  In fact he has a doctors appt. in 2 weeks to see what is next.  I am so scared for him.  We are going to a doctor in NYC, where do you live?  How old are you?  These tumors came from no where.
    • Posted

my email address is How are you doing?

Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.