PVP success stories!!!!!

Posted , 10 users are following.

I've heard tons from those who have had aweful outcomes for surgeries.  Would like to hear from those who have had success following PVP, Turp, UROlift, etc,  Please post only those outcomes here..

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, Yes i would love to hear from those who had urin retention ,then had Uro Lift,Turp,etc.

Thanks for this info

• Posted

For the record, I am 64.  I have 8 days before my procedure, PVP.  Nervous and anxious, but am going through with it
    • Posted

Being nervous and doubting whether you should do a prostate procedure is normal..Urine Retention needs to be corrected, otherwise, it might harm the bladder and kidneys...Also, retention will not cure on its own, but some people, ie. Jim James on this forum, choose to Self Cath instead of undergoing a prostate procedure...I'm 72 years old and had retention due to a blocked urethra because of a swollen and overgrown prostate plus an alergic reaction to anesthesia...I had a REZUM in mid-Agust and it seems to have been a success...GOOD LUCK!.....I wish you the very best!.....

• Posted

Thank you gmoney for starting this thread.  I have been reading prostate posts for a year, but have yet to see a succecssful post.  I have reached the conclusion, from all the posts, that there isn't a urologist that knows exactly how to cure the pain and the size of the prostate.  Maybe the people that have successful outcomes don't bother to post.

• Posted

There are at least three of us here who stick around and try to dispell the doom merchants. If your neighbour wins the lottery you don't see him again when he moves on. The same happens with those with good outcomes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.