PVPS

Posted , 4 users are following.

The best way about a vasectomy is to NOT have one. Anyone who thinks that they have got away without problems just can not say anything as PVPS can come on at any time until we die I know a friend who is in his mid-seventies and has more pain than in the whole of his life.

3 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Spink, 

I am new here. In one study, it was reported that 9 of 13 men who underwent vasectomy reversal in an attempt to relieve post-vasectomy pain syndrome became pain-free, though the followup was only one month in some cases. It really depends on how the vasectomy has been done. 

• Posted

While it is true that 4 years down the line after a reversal I am for the most part pain free (I just get the odd small ache just enough to remind me what a mistake it was in the first place), I would like to remind you that most doctors do not advise a reversal, but instead opt to cut more of you away making a reversal impossible later.  I cannot help but think that destroying/cutting something is easier than fixing it. Does hat make me a cynic? 

i was advised to have part of my testies cut away, but had not originally signed up for that level of surgery. A reversal was not offered and when I enquired they would not perform it on the NHS and tried to put me off the idea.

So yes a reversal has cured me, but I am now over £2000 lighter in the pocket!

i would suggest that spink22's comment is infact the best approach.

if you decide you want a vasectomy, then make sure it is your own decision and that you are not talked in to it by your partner. You will forever resent them if it goes wrong and you end up in excruciating pain.

Take it from someone who has been there!

• Posted

p.s. I was told that the pain could come back at any time in my life after the reversal if the scared tubes reblocked.
  • Posted

I would agree with spink do not go down this way, avoid a vasectomy at all costs and save yourself at a lot of pain and trouble later on. I made the worst decision of my life having the snip and would only like to save someone all the troubles that I have had. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.