Pytiasis rosea

Posted , 5 users are following.

Please help me. I read alot on the internet of people who have had pytiasis rosea only for a few days. I have been to 5 dermatologists and all of them diagnosed me with the condition. For me it is permanent because I have new patches every week and even though they never manifested on my face or other visible parts, my whole body is filled with the patches. body looks flowery and I have tried all remedies and medicine to no avail. I need to wear skirts. Who knows of a cure?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

hello,

im sorry to hear. have you tried anti-dandruff shampoo, along with calomine or aveeno? unfortunately there is no cure, but it is not permanent. it should be gone in 2-4 months max. if not, see another dermo. hope this helps

• Posted

Hello

It isn't permanant, I found if I stressed I got hot and it gets worse, it does get worse before it gets better but keep up with remedies like anti dandruff shampoo and aveeno cream and once you start to see one go it will follow. It's horrible I know, I had it before my wedding but keep being positive it will go away.

• Posted

Hi, 

My mum had it so severe recently and the doctors said there's no medication to assist (apart from antihistamines)! She was covered from the tips of her toes right to her neck - this type never goes to the face area! We researched loads on the internet and found suggestions of uv light - mum was doubtful but off she went to the tanning salon and after her first 6 minutes she felt instantly relieved, although it was really itchy later on! She went everyday for a week and each day it got better and less itchy and after a week it had turned into dry skin and now three weeks on her skin is clear! I couldn't recommend sun beds enough as treatment! My mums case was terrible and she wasn't sleeping and was covered and so sore and constantly itchy, she said it was hell! She also used calamine lotion - in the cream format and emollients to wash with! Hope this helps and good luck smile  

• Posted

I had it shockingly, and was very depressed and went to doctor/ dermatologist and was told it would be up to possibly 4-6 months.

I washed my body 2x day with head and shoulders and went to the solarium for 6 minutes three times a week. Moisturise with dermoveeen, sorbolene, aveeno and I mixed in some cortisolne and anti fungal cream.

within a week, it was pretty much gone, but continued having 3 solariums the second week - only 6 minutes - and hten had one a week for three weeks.

I had it for 2.5 weeks all up, but mild after the treatment started.

The solarium is the key, the light, although it goes against everything good, that is what I would rcommend.

Good luck...I reckon it will be gone if you do this!!

• Posted

I had this off and on for years ! I even tried prescriptions. I used Jason's Tea Tree oil Shampoo and a diaper rash salve called" Butt Paste". The salve does not smell strong like Desitin and is easy to apply and remove. It does not show once applied except the skin may look a little paler, but not enough to notice. I used these for maybe five days and have had no symptoms since. You can find Jason's Tea Tree oil shampoo in most grocery stores and in health food stores. I found the "Butt Paste in a pharmacy. If you can't find them I would be willing to send you some. I was fortunate that mine stayed on my chest and neck. It started to creep higher when I went to the DR.for prescription this helped till I stopped applying it. You could only use it for 2 weeks and then had to stop for two weeks . Every time I stopped the PR came back . We already had the tea tree oil shampoo and I purchased the salve. The result was almost miraculous . I hope it works for you .
  • Posted

I've been suffering for PR for about  6 weeks. The harold patch appeared under my arm about 6-7 weeks ago and looked like ringworm. I tried treating it with antifungal cream but it didn't budge. Eventually I started to get a rash on my breast about 2-3 weeks later. I went to the doctor and we both thought it was ringworm. She prescribed me Ketoconazole (oral anti-fungal med). This obviously did not work and the rash spread to my stomach/back. I realized this wasn't ringworm as the rash all over my body looked nothing like ringworm. I did some research and came across PR. The symptoms and signs were exactly what I was experiencing. After reading that there is no cure I decided against spending more money at the doctors. I tried just waiting it out but the rash only grew and became more irritating. It eventually spread down my arms. After 5 weeks of suffering from severe depression, crying spells, and extreme anxiety due to this condition i decided to try finding a natural solution. Since I read that the condition is likely caused from a virus I figured that my immune system must not be working to its full potential thus allowing the virus to spread some viciously. I bought Solaray: Oil of Oregano tablets from Whole Foods. I began taking this twice a day, once in the morning and once at night. It has been a week since I began taking the tablets and the rash on my breast is drying up and is no longer red and irritated. My skin color is beginning to return. The rash on my stomach is not as itchy and it also starting to slowly dry up. The rash on my arms is also drying up. Before I started taking oil of oregano the rash was moving swiftly and did not show signs of stopping. I can keep updating my progress with my rash. But i would definitly recommend trying oil of oregano tablets. Oil of oregano is anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and boosts your immune system. It is also great for healing skin conditions. It's definitly worth a shot.
  • Posted

I woke up a few days before covered in this... did some research.. knew what it was.. here is what i used.. mine is almost gone now.. a few spots.. there is hope people.

Fri - went tanning for 6 mins, rubbed body down in coconut oil several times a day.. head and shoulders as body was.

Sat - same

Sun - same

Monday.. went for a sun.. sun burnt myself..(did too much), this was horrible, made everything itch.   Went to the health food store and purchased a product called " Nautres Aid" gel, which is witch hazel, aloe, vitamin e, and rosemary.. used this since then (2 times a day).  Its now Friday again.  I have not been tanning since the burn on monday.  Have used the natures aid and coconut oil several times a day since then. Ive been taking C and multi vitamins... almost GONE... so happy.. seriously there is hope

• Posted

Hi Joyce

Just read Angela's post on this after mine....she got burnt and so did I - was only 6 minutes, not bad, but then it is almost itchier and you feel like you have stuffed up, but I reckon you just have to give them a good dose of UV.

Great Angela, they went so quick. Mine going really correlated with the tanning bed, although I religiously did the other stuff as well with anti dandruff shampoo and tonnes of moisturiser and then a bit of anti -fungal cream.

I also went tot he Chemist and got the strongest mix of vitamin for immune boosting, took Zinc, Echinacea etc for a month as it can be linked to stress and lowering of immune system.

Hope it is on its way out of your body!!!

smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.