Q

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi ive just had weil osteomy surgey 11 weeks ago im starting to worry that when my foot is flat on ground my 2nd toe is slightly raised and does not touch the ground . does anyone know if this is normal and will go down in time my biggest fear is having to get more surgery to recorrect this

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Louise - This also happened with me (same procedure) so I think it's probably common. My doctor gave me a little splint thing that held the toe down until it stayed down on its own. Ask your doctor before you go too much longer. The last thing we want is more surgery!! Good luck!

• Posted

thank your for reply the more i look at it every day i think it is slowly going down bit i dont know if its just wishful thinking my worst fear is more surgery as i have to vet the other foot done i just want it all over and done with i have read some forums where people said took months for there toe to go down again an others said floating toe with more surgery

• Posted

the exact thing has occurred with me and along with working at physio trying to get my foot working again, my physiotherapist has been working on trying to manipulate my toe.

I've been going twice a week to physio since the end of February with Zero results. My surgeon says if after 5 more months if it hasnt returned to the ash it shod be, he will have to shave the bone (s), as my other 3 toes are starting to roll over, ( but don't stick up like my one toe).

Hate the idea of returning to have things cut open and goth the healing process of surgery ...just remember--everyone is different.

• Posted

I see physio once a week this week will only be my 3rd session so i am hoping its still early days and just part of the swelling and healing process see consultant next week for more xray so im sure he will tell me if i going in right direction but have that gut feeling ill keep u updated many thanks for reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.