Q and T abnormality on ECG in III?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys,

I wanted to ask about something on an ECG result. Every time I have an ECG (which is quite often, due to QTC prolonging medicines I take) there is an abnormality, which gives scary automatic interpretations, however doctors are not concerned.

In lead III i have what the computer says is a pathological Q wave (and it is almost as large as the R wave), which however disappears on the tracings made while holding breath.

Also in lead III I have a T wave which is inverted.

Doctors dismiss both as normal variants and an echo showned no wall motion abnormalities, but I do have many risk factors of heart disease, plus have been battling anxiety issues (which sometimes cause chest pain or at least the mind fools you they do), so this lead III is creeping me out.

I mean the Internet also states that these are normal variants, but for peace of mind it would be nice to know why they happen in some people, are our hearts different for some reason?

Thanks for any input!

mikeĀ 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I sometimes get a massive T wave which towers over the R wave, (see my ECG pic), cardiologist claimed it was normal, but nowhere on the net can I find it said to be normal, in fact I find a cardiologist on the net saying, "be suspicious of LAD occlusion when the T wave towers over the R wave, and what does my MRI say, that I have mid LAD disease!. Plus I was feeling very poorly when I took this ECG.  

• Posted

Hi Mike

?I too have abnormal ECG readings since I was sent into hospital because of an abnormal ECG in January.  I have had two more ECG's since then and the readings are still the same.  I now know that it is because I have what's called 'Left bundle branch block' which is seems to be abnormal electrical conduction to the heart.  I have had an MRI scan which showed my heart was fine. I am now awaiting a CT scan to see if there are problems with the arteries etc.  I wonder if LBBB is the cause of your strange readings? May be worth checking it out.

Hope I've been of some help!

?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.