Quads still not responding...

Posted , 6 users are following.

8 weeks post-op right TKR and my quads still are not responding to physical therapy treatments and exercise. Believe me when I say my therapist has tried everything!  My bend is 125, I'm walking good, still working on a full extention, have tolerable pain that I only need to take Advil for.   I  never realised how important our quad muscles  are until mine have not been working.  Surgeon says it's quad muscle trauma from the tourniquet used during surgery and they are just taking longer to recuperate.  I can for the most part, deal with the issues from the lack of quad muscle use, but the worst for me is not being able to drive. Hopefully "this to shall pass".

3 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

My quads have always been tight and I'm am struggling several months on after my 2nd TKR.  I have had an MUA, but still cannot straighten it.  I had similar issues with my either knee, but it came right in the end.

Patsy

• Posted

I am very nearly there with the extension only another 5degrees to go but it is tough I found some exercises on you tube that I am going to try - toughest one for me is getting my leg straight when sitting on a chair need a glass of wine for this one.

Keep at it you are doing great

• Posted

Nothing like a glass of vino to help the medicine go down. Good luck to us all.
  • Posted

Don't give up. Your bend is great & will get better with time & exercise

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.