query

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, 

I have been suffering from intermittent pain under my right boob for a few years. I had a really bad attack two years ago, it lasted for over 12 hours so I called the doc and got a tel diagnosis. It was excruciating the pain but I am sure I passed a gallstone as my urine was dark brown. 

I had the odd regular twinge for a few years then the other day I ad an attack which lasted 6 hours. I am scared of the docs but I had to face the fear because my urine was dark yellow. 

I am getting blood taken tom and had to put in a poo sample and a scan is being booked but I had to go back as I now have jaundice.

I think its a blocked bile duct but I am terrified of results and going into hospital for an operation to remove my gallbladder. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello!

Oh you poor thing I really feel for you. It definitely sounds like gallstones and you really need to get it sorted asap-I'm not a doctor by the way but someone who has just had their gallbladder taken out yesterday! I thought mine was trapped wind when it first happened and then I had an ultrasound and they found the stones.

Mine was done laparoscopically and although I'm uncomfortable today, it will get better and definitely better in the long run. Try not to worry and have it taken out if that's what they suggest-you sound like you you've really been suffering with it. Take care and any questions feel free to write back.

Anna

• Posted

Hi Poppy, try not to be scared, you need to get this sorted. It does sound as though you have a blocked duct hence the jaundice and dark urine, are your stools pale in colour generally clay coloured. I've got my operation in 2 weeks time and yes I am very nervous about it but I can't continue living with this pain. 

Unfortunately if you have gallstones that cause problems then you will continue to have problems in the future if you don't have your gallbladder removed if thats what your doctor suggests they should do. They will probably do tests to find out where the blockage is and if you have a temperature then they will treat that before they operate.

Please continue to let us know how you're getting on and your fears as there will be someone on here that has gone through this also and support you.

I know its not easy I'm in my late 40's and this is my first operation but I know it has to be done but that doesn't stop my own fears but seeing people on here with similar problems means that I can share that and it doesn't feel so bad.

Keep in touch with us and what happens with your tests.

Take care

• Posted

Hi Poppy,

So sorry you're suffering with this!  Anna and Katherine are correct, you really need to get this sorted as soon as you can.  Your gallbladder has been stressing your liver and pancreas, which is why you have all these symptoms!

Though you are frightened, please know that you are not alone in this.  Try to keep your anxieties in perspective.  Fear is natural, but believe me, the time has come to take care of yourself!

Best of luck and let us know how you get on! xx

• Posted

Thanks for all your support, it really is very kind. I do feel really under the weather and if this continues I will go to the hospital tonight as I think I need an antibiotic. I have my first blood test tomorrow. This gallbladder is a damned nuisance but I just wish I had a definite diagnosis as I am worried sick.
    • Posted

I understand, it's the getting tests and waiting for results that get to me, personally!  

Please try to take it as easy as you can, fear only adds to the stress you're already experienciing!

• Posted

Hi, plucked up the courage and got blood tests done today but I am freaking out here. 

I am assuming it is a blocked duct as the yellow urine and jaundice started after a, what I am assuming, was, a gallbladder attack. However, a mate said that is a duct was blocked I would be in excruciating pain and I am not. I am not having any pain now, just the jaundice and the urine. Appetite is not great but its ok and I have not lost any significant weight. Any ideas on this guys? Should I be in total agony if it was a blocked duct?

• Posted

Hi, Poppy,

Everyone is different, so I'm not so sure that you don't have a blockage.  I am glad that you got blood tests done.  They will likely show if you have an infection, and perhaps whether your liver is stressed.  Do you know what tests were ordered?

Please try to rest, and do let me know how you get on!  xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.