query about length of pip.

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello folks.

just posting this to see if others have had similar situation to my friend. shs received her 1st pip payment in July this year after a f2f at home.she's been given the benefit plus back pay.she is bemused by what the letter said and the dates. it says benefit awarded from July 2017 to July 2029 (she's 53). does it mean she doesn't have to apply again for pip? I admit I've not seen this written down before and wondered if it is normal to give out dates like that. anyway, just wondered if other folk had similar. many thanks. ian.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I would ask her to chack those award dates again because the maximum anyone can have is 10 years with re-assessment being 9 years. Everyone will be re-assessed at some point regardless of age, even those over 65.

• Posted

It could be a typo error the maximum time the DWP gives that I know of is 3+ years but you never know miracle can happen and I hope for your friend that is the case. Once your friend reached the age of 60-65 years or so she'll then claim Attendance Allowance and will still be assessed.

• Posted

I'm sorry but you're wrong. As i said above the max amount of time for PIP is 10 years with review at 9. You won't claim Attendance Allowance at any age if you have a claim for PIP. You'll continue to reviewed and will stay claim PIP as long as you still qualify.

It's 3 years for ESA but certainly not PIP.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.