question

Posted , 4 users are following.

Is anger and depression associated with anxiety cuz I'm anxious and just angry I'm sad I can't find the cat I'm angry at my boyfriend and I don't even know why I can't wait till the 15th I need my therapy back bad sad 

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Dear Scorpio,   I truly hope that you are feeling a little better, look after yourself, and be kind to yourself

Warmest and sincere wishes to you,...Deirdre xx

• Posted

no actually its the other way round, or so i believe. i think anxiety and depression leads to making you angry because anxiety makes you not think clearly (like getting lost in thought) and depression makes you feel down. not thinking clearly and feeling down makes me upset which then makes me angry because i get stressed. then i just lash out when it all gets too much. anger is the minds mechanism for coping with stressful situations. i find that learning new things each day really helps for me to keep calm and less stressed. like reading a book or watching a documentary. i hate doing these things but it does help me so why not do it? remember, with all the information in the world, no one can ever learn enough. so learn as much as you possibly can. it will make your thoughts more clear and it makes them easier to understand.  take care smile
  • Posted

o yeh and if you dont want to read or watch documentaries, stuff like that then what i also find that helps a great deal is looking at famous quotes about life. quotes are little snippets of knowledge that really make your mind change in great ways. i find that reading a quick quote and reading it untill i understand it fully really helps. then i just go onto a new quote and try to understand that one. read only the quotes about life, you will be suprised how much it makes you feel better and more understanding >
  • Posted

There is a theory that all these three emotional states (anger, depression, anxiety) present themselves as different aspects of the same thing. Our response to fear. As human beings, fear controls a great deal of our lives. When confronted with something fearful (or something we THINK is fearful) our hard-wired nervous system responds automatically with three options.

1) Run away  (anxiety, the fear of fear)

2) Attack        (anger)

3) Play dead  (depression)

Over millions of years these are the best responses our bodies have evolved to deal with a potential deadly threat.

We are still hard-wired this way. It is out of our control. if you've ever been in a car accident or simiilar you will remember that when it is actually happening your body just reacts to avoid injury. You dont think about it, it just happens. It does whatever it needs to do to get you out of trouble. It is hard-wire to protect you. The thinking, and the fear, come afterwards when you think 'O my god, I could have died,' etc.

So these three states are interwoven and we can expect to experience all three at different times in different intensities.

On the other hand, EVERYBODY gets angry with their boyfriend, girlfriend, partner or whateve rsome of the time.. It's very common and normal to feel this way. Also, EVERYBODY gets down and hopeless from time to time so maybe because we are in an anxiety state, which heightens the intensity (and seeming importance) of our experience, we overreact to any kind of 'wobbling' of the force.

We are hyper=vigilant and over react.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.