Question

Posted , 3 users are following.

Did a mri of the with contrast show a acoustic neuroma or do you have to have mri of ears I had mri brain with contrast ut one Dr said it will not show that kind of tumor. But my neuro dtr said it would show that I am so confused anyone know this

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

An MRI with contrast will show up even the smallest of tumours My neurosurgeon told me he had detected an acoustic neuroma half a millimetre The person had an MRI for another reason and it showed up l myself have an acoustic neuroma 24 mm but had it treated last year with gamma knife  so don't worry if u get the diagnosis everything will be ok in the end Good luck

• Posted

Thank you I had the mri and they did find a 8.5mm meningioma it was an incidental find. They were looking for stroke. My issues have beennot my balance and ears so I got worried when my doctor told me it would not show the ear tumor. I did belive the neuro doctor because it makes sense that any tumor would be found with mri
    • Posted

My issues are balance issues sorry about that it seems I have meaniers disease but I did worry about the ear tumor oh the other tumor has nothing to do with my balance and where it is located it is too small to cause symptoms anything they are going to monitor it for now
  • Posted

Im being sent for this. They write it down to look formit and then itmwould show. Ct scan woth dyr would show as well. Abr test tests for it too. Ents arent the best doctors. Wish they were but they arent. I believe the nuero personally. My nuero is rated as a top doctor he says it shows i trust him, ents just Oerter abr and ct scans. Google agrees woth your nuero too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.