Question

Posted , 4 users are following.

If PR is not contagious, how did we get it?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

ROFL!!!! That is the billion dollar question!!!!! If this were a billion dollar disease, we would probably have an answer. I had PR for 14 months. I have a husband, kids, co workers. None of them had it.
  • Posted

Good question, but most likely its a virus that IS contagious but only a small portion of the public exhibit outbreaks like those on the forum here.

Medicine is not my field, but I think that's how it works.

You get it, most people will show zero signs of having it until something triggers it. Most will go through their whole lives without it being triggered.

• Posted

That is probably one of the most intelligent things I have seen on this board!!!!
  • Posted

No clue. I have it too first PCP said it was Ringworm treated me with meds. No improvement went to Dermatologist who told me I have PR. I hate it  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.