Question

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm curious how you know if your actually starting to turn a corner or if its all smoke and mirrors.. Ive had a good 3 or 4 days, still with some fatigue and small symptoms but overall alot better than i have been. Im wondering if their were any clear signs people have had that they knew were signs they were getting better? I want to be hopeful that this is a good thing and i can run with it, but ive been let down so many times with this virus.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have a day or two here and there that i fee better seems like its days i dont have a headache but ive only been diagnosed for 2-3 weeks and been sick 6 weeks at least so i am not really sure. I feel better some days than i do others is all i can tell. I just need my doctors to do a little more to help and i think that would make me feel better mentally and physically. I hope your doctors have done more for you.

• Posted

I'm about 7-8 months in.. about a month in is when i learned i had mono. Its been hell, so many weird symptoms almost too many to name.. most have gone away but some still linger pretty bad. I havent worked in months and im now experiencing some decent days, id say feeling ok about 80% of the day

• Posted

What symptoms do you still have going. I have a limited amount of time before i must go back to work so I am needing to heal as quickly as possible since i am the main income of the household.

• Posted

Wow I guess I had it not so bad. I got tested 6 weeks in and by 2 months in I was almost totally better. I had it all of dec and jan and now that its Feb I've been pretty much ok

• Posted

Hi Keith,

It's a really good question and point that you raise - I guess there is no exact formula or science to explain the ups and downs and progress map with this awful and confusing virus. I absolutely do want to encourage and reassure you though that things will get better - after 7-8 months I was still struggling, in a similar place to you maybe some better days but still feeling like progress was very slow and nowhere near where I needed it to be. After about 10 months I really felt a breakthrough, as if my body was coping much better and feeling more resilient again - and gradually managed to get back to full health after that with God's help. But again it's different for everyone but please do know that your body will recovery and regain its strength again - and that's coming from me as someone who was so discouraged and unsure if I ever would get better again at several stages.

Another interesting thing about the virus seems to be that it can almost feel like it stays 'stuck' or at the same up and down back and forwards level for a long time and then all of a sudden a big step forward or breakthrough can happen in a short space of time. Hard to explain why but my experience was a little like that and I've read others who have experienced similar - so hang in there Keith and don't be discouraged if it seems things have not made a lot of progress for a long time because that progress and breakthrough WILL come. Taking good vitamins and herbs and just listening to your body is paramount and continuing to rest and manage activity and all the things I'm sure you know and are already doing!

Believing this is going to be a year of hope, recovery, breakthrough and healing for you Keith - God is good!

Craig

• Posted

I am definitely getting back to normal, and I'm at month 7 since my first symptom.

I still get sick easily so am very careful to stay away from sick people.

I now have bad moments instead of bad days, and the bad days are rare. I'm definitely feeling like my old self again, with a few strange symptoms though.

I saw a holistic doctor about 6 times and he had me taking supplements (still on a few of them). I truly feel it helped my immune system rebound.

You can see my post if you are interested in the supplements.

I also had many weird symptoms and some really horrible days. it will get better, hang in there.

• Posted

Hi Jen,

That is really great to hear that you have been doing a lot better. The strange symptoms will disappear with time Jen, it took me a while to get past every single lingering symptom and difficulty but absolutely you will get there, I'm just grateful for God's help when I was going through that too.

Great news that the supplements are helping, yes always looking for any good advice / tips in relation to these so if there's anything that you think could be really helpful to others going through mono at the moment that would be great to know!

Hoping for a good week ahead and continued recovery and improvements for you!

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.