Question

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was wondering if anyone knew if chronic urticaria is hereditary as I am the only one in my family with this condition and i wanted to know if anyone else that has this also has kids that have the same problem. All doctors/ dermatologists are unsure what causes my flare ups.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Great question. Yes, I believe that there is also a genetic link to our disease. I've suffered since i was a teenager, almost 30 years. No one else has ever exhibited symptoms. 4 years ago, a family friend was proven to be my mother's true father. After his death, while searching through his personal papers with my aunt, I found military hospital discharge papers from the Korean War, he had been hospitalized for a month with angioedema and urticaria! I shared this information with my immunologist, and he didn't seem surprised.

• Posted

Hi Jess,

I am also a urticaria with angioedima patient..

In my family im the only one suffering from this...its been one year..my conditij was very bad..my whole body (inside as well as out ) used to get swelled ..my face ,lips,tounge,palms ,leg ,eyes,soles ,throat,,everything was affected ...it was very bad days ..i had to resign from the job ..but now condtion is stable...since i started with homeopathy medicine along with allopathy treatment..image there are many pics ..i have attached one of it ..

• Posted

Hi Jess,

I'm so glad you have it under control. i have had this fir 3 1/2 years and sort of maintained it but i finally feel like I'm on the right path. Look up SCHNITZLER SYNDROME and MAST CELL ACTIVATION SYNDROME.

I have a doctor appointment in a few days and hope to find out more. As far as this being genetic, it's most likely yes. The studies done have shown that 74% of those participants had a direct relative with those issues.

www.raredisorders.org

Look up Autoinflammatory Allegience in San Francisco, CA.

Hope any of the above info can bring some more clarity.

• Posted

autoinflammatory alliance*

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.