Question

Posted , 5 users are following.

hey guys, I've posted on here a couple times. so I've beem on citalopram 15mg for about 4ish months. there has been an improvement. some days are better than others for sure. i keep getting a feeling of increased energy and then it goes down and get a feeling of lethargy with a bit of tingling throughout my body. I'm still reminding myself to eat throughout the day but I'm exercising more. is this normal to feel, i have anxiety/slight depressions, but I just keep getting these feelings. anyone else experience this?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I am approaching 13 weeks on citalopram 10 mg and much the same. I had a good week last week with energy back to normal and then Friday wham, seemed almost back to the beginning. No energy or appetite because of nausia and could only face chicken soup and I have lost a stone since starting which I cant afford to lose. Anxiety back up and although I do not suffer depression my mood is really down because of this set back. Also sleep affected because of anxiety. From what I have read on this forum this is normal and the blips will diminish as time goes on. I havent increased dosage as cant face those initial symptoms again. Trouble with blips is although you hope it is one and you will come out of it in a few days there is always the fear that it is not a blip and tablets not working. I dont suffer the tingling you mention but just restless legs. I think this is the journey we have to put up with to get better but goodness it is so difficult. I am sure your blips will reduce in time.

• Posted

yeah. i think this is still mostly my anxiety cuz I keep getting tension headaches and my stomach closes up. i find tea helps tho

• Posted

Have you considered increasing your dose slightly as 20mg is the therapeutic dose and anything lower is normally used just to let your body get used to it and lessen the side effects. The fact you have seen some improvement is a good sign. From what I'm told it is normal to have setbacks or blips so it could just be that. Or it could be that you just need a slight increase. Im not a medical professional so don't take my word for it but might be worth having a chat with your doctor and see what they suggest x good luck 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.