Question

Posted , 4 users are following.

sorry feel like ive been posting alot lately but i just get curious...has anyone noticed when they dont get a good night sleep their symptoms are worse the next day? because i normally do sleep pretty good but last night was only able to sleep 4 hours and today the whole body weakness is worse and my head feels really achey and weird on the top part ...not like a headache though it just feels very strange like a hard pressure

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yes this is the same case with me. They say the only thing you can do is rest and stay hydrated, and I've found that that if I dont do either of these things properly, I am a complete mess! However, when I sleep for the 10 hours a night that my body (unfortunately) needs right now and drink over a gallon of water during the day, I feel almost normal. I think if we do this consistently for long enough, eventually our bodies will require less and less until we are completely back to normal. I hope you get the chance to catch up on your sleep and get healthy soon!

• Posted

thanks for the reply i appreciate it! i normally at least get 7 hours a night and do drink plenty of water too...i sure hope things get back to normal soon its crazy how bad this makes you feel.. i hope you start feeling better soon also!

• Posted

Absolutely Katelyn, this can be quite common and normal during mono. Your system is just all at odds when going through this. I remember going through a phase where I used to get to sleep at first but wake up during the night and be awake for a few hours, even though I was tired and exhausted. And it can really affect how you feel the next day for sure.

Just hoping you get a much better sleep tonight and still thinking about you and rooting for you - still believing that you are going to get better Katelyn - hang in there.

Craig

• Posted

thanks again for the encouragement its reassuring when feeling down! i have still been praying for you also and i hope the pains you are having subside and settle down for you soon

• Posted

Thank you Katelyn, that means a lot as I've had another setback this week seem to have hurt my foot and hobbling about. So your prayers for me really do mean a lot, believe me. And I have been praying for you too Katelyn, better times are ahead.

Craig

• Posted

oh no! thats not good hopefully that heals up quick maybe icing it could help some...and thank you also for the prayers that means alot to me as well Craig i pray that we all get a break from feeling so terrible soon! keep on hoping and trusting everyday that God will heal

• Posted

Yes have been trying to ice it Katelyn it's so frustrating just been such a difficult time for us all on here....I will keep praying for you. Thanks for your wise words and for reminding me to keep hoping and trusting in God, He's the one that is looking after us and even though I don't know how or when or in what way, I do believe that the Lord is going to bring us through and beyond our suffering and into a good place again - hoping you are okay today and thinking about you!

Craig

• Posted

I also get that weired feeling at the top of my head mine is sometime on my forehead its not a headache but just a weird feeling. hope you feel better soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.