Question about ablation

Posted , 7 users are following.

My attacks occur about once per week, but are getting more severe and I am concerned for the future. I don't want medication, but ablation looks difficult to achieve, as it looks like you need to be in SVT in order for the consultants to identify which areas of the heart to zap! is this the case does anyone know? 

How do they identify the region of the heart causing the trouble?

Graham

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Dear Graham

My son went for the ablation and they couldn't get his svt to start so they couldn't do anything at the time, it was such a disappointment! He has tried medication but said it didnt really work and he felt knocked out with it. He is 21 and the episodes are quite far apart but the last one showed a slower heart rate abd ventricular standstill of three seconds. He has a loop recorder fitted, they are just seeing how the next few months go and pacing was mentioned,. We really just hoped that the ablation would have sorted it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.