Question about anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

With anxiety I know there is a fight or flight response that causes your brain to not process information so that you can fight or flee. Can you remind become stuck like this from prolonged stress? Because when I think is tennis instantaneous I know what I was trying to think but I do not complete a thought.

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I assume you are using predictive text.  Amusing.

The fight or flight response is when you have an anxiety or panic ATTACK.   However most people who get those also have on-going anxiety.  You feel nervous, scared etc most of the time.   It is the latter which can prevent you thinking properly. 

• Posted

Alright thanks for the information I'll take the head as it can cause me to have difficulty thinking?
    • Posted

I'm actually using voice to text on my phone. Yeah it screws up a lot and I forget to check the text. Haha

• Posted

I'm having difficulty thinking. I assume anxiety is the cause?

• Posted

Difficulty thinking may have various causes, and anxiety is one of them.
  • Posted

I have had anxiety for about 10 years....and recently it is heightened by life situations.

YES, YES and YES....I constantly forget even WHAT I was thinking about, doing, driving where? I get white spots in front of my eyes..because its like they are blanking out...when I am severly stressed.

This week and this day is one of those high anxiety days.

They are horrible.

• Posted

Right! My boyfriend doesn't think I have a MIND.

He gets frustrated...but not mad....he just can't believe I constantly forget what I'm doing or where I am going.

He constantly reminds me to turn at certain streets.....do simple tasks I said I was going to do...Sometimes I yell at him...but when he doesn't tell me what to do...I FORGET and I know it is all anxiety.

I have reached the point of seeing a Neuroligist and just had a brain wave last week. My antidepressent seems to help a little and I take anxiety medicine.

• Posted

I'm pretty sure I'm dying... I can't think at all. It's like my mind doesn't work!
  • Posted

Are you going to see a mental health professional?

You should sad.  I know its a pain in the arse...but if someone can help you to feel more sane...its worth it.

Anxiety is a killer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.