Question about banding

Posted , 1 user is following.

had colonoscopy followed by hemorrhoidal banding. had sureprep 2 dose prep with day before surgery clear liquid diet and first dose of prep at 5 p.m. followed by second dose of prep at 3 a.m. with nothing else to eat or drink after midnight. banding was at about 11:45 a.m. came home and kept feeling like I had to move my bowels, finally at 4:30 p.m. I had to go or else. I did not strain, it was still liquid from the prep though a bit explosive which I could not control. I went to flush and noted 2 black rubberband floating in the bowl. called the office who assures me not to worry, says surgeon double bands (he banded 2) but I'm a nervous wreck that it has failed, and quickly, not to mention my high deductable insurance sucks and I paid over $2600 out of pocket. anyone have similar issues? the office seemed shocked that I had to move my bowels so quickly after the procedure, but I know it was the prep. thanks in advance.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.