Question about bisoprolol

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been on bisoprolol since October of 2017 for a little high heart rate and diostolic dysfunction. I was told I could stop it by my cardiologist. I didn't take it sunday but got scared and took it Monday at 10am and I usually take it at 7 and today I took it at about 630am as I had to go to work early. But my HR is also in the low 50s and normally on the BB its 60 to 80. I feel a little breathless. I also had bilateral pes in November of 2016 from possibly kicking a door. I've been off thinners since may 2017. Can not taking the BB one day and then taking it again cause my breathlessness and lower HR? My o2 is steady between 99 and 96%.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

The day I first took Bisoprolol I described breathlessness and the feeling my lungs no longer worked automatically.

I took my last medication including Bisoprolol March 2017.

The breathlessness remained, and it wasnt just a feeling, blood oxygen monitors showed my blood oxygen to spend a lot of time around 85%

My body has finally recovered from this system April this year, thats 13 months for the blood oxygen detection aspect of my Autonomic Nervous System to reset itself from beta blockers which block receptors of your Autonomic Nervous System.

• Posted

I have a similar condition to you (dd) and also take bisop and have done so for 7/8 years.

I wondered if your cardiologist gave you a reason for advising you to stop taking the bisop?

In my case my cardiologist says it helps to control pulse and bp.

It certainly helps to control the bp (but so does my diet and exercise I think)

Just lately my pulse has become erratic and wonder if the digoxin levels are ok.

Not certain why your pulse has dropped to 50 after not taking bisop unless it is one of the "consequences" of stopping bisop.

Could you not reduce the dosage of bisop gradually?

• Posted

I'm going to call my pharmacist and cardiologist today. My cardiologist said since my heart condition is probably due to weight and he can't find anything else wrong that I don't need it but if I choose to keep taking it I can. As far as I know I don't have high BP. I have lost about 25 lbs since October last year. Not a whole lot but some.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.