Question about Celexa

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello I want to tell you I speak french so I'll probably make spelling mistakes . Here's my little problem. I take Celexa 20mg for 2 years to treat depression and anxiety disorders . Everything is going really well and the drug gives me a nice feeling. However, I had a little baby recently and my new role as mom, I often forgotten to take my medication . I can spend 2-3 days without taking !!! In short, for three days I feel nervous again and I know this because I often oversights . Are what my body can develop resistance to the drug or by repeating the treatment as required everything will replace ?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi claudie

firstly congratulations on your baby ♥♥

Missing doses will do that every time! Your body starts the withdrawal process. Your brain thinks 'what's happening, reduced serotonin, alarm bells! ' you need to keep that chemical balance to stabilise your mood and to stop you having unwanted and unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. I know it's difficult to juggle everything when you have a tiny baby to care for, but it's so important for you to look after you too. I use to set a repeat weekly alarm on my mobile, this way I never forgot.

how are you feeling in yourself now? It's best to resume your tablets and try and take them around the same time each day.

Please keep us informed on your progress.

God bless ♥

• Posted

thank you for your answer!! I am in my 3rd day without forgetting. smile Tonight I feel great compared to this morning. I hoped that everything would replace? my body will not develop a resistance to the drug?
    • Posted

No, you will be fine claudie. The fact your feeling better suggests your brain has done it's balancing act again and happily accepting it back again ♥

Don't worry, you will be fine. Hope you manage to get a little sleep with the baby. I use to nap every time the baby did! That was many years ago, but I remember that exhaustion!

God bless xx

• Posted

Did you take citalapram during pregnancy? I'm just asking for future reference x
    • Posted

Yes and my baby is in perfect health smile No problem during my pregnancy with my citalopram! It was dangerous for the baby if I stopped!
  • Posted

Fantastic, that is really good to know. Glad all is going well with you x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.