Question about color

Posted , 2 users are following.

So since all this has started back in December being told I have IBS or SIBO and taking a round of xifaxin my stool have gotten better. I've had change in frequency,color and pains. For the past couple of months things have become much better the only thing now I notice that hasn't changed is my stools are lighter brown not yellow but light brown but when I wipe it's constantly a yellowish very light brown color all the time. I don't have diahhrea and go normal in the morning like routine . Is my bacteria balance off or something ?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Maybe you are passing mucus or it's a reaction to your medication?

• Posted

Well I took xifaxan back in beginning of February so it's been awhile . I take florstor now as a supplement. Not sure if xifaxan through off my bacteria ? My stools aren't 100% firm they still are softer just not solid so maybe they are still have a faster transit ?

• Posted

Maybe the supplement is causing faster transit and doesn't suit you.  It might  be worth coming off the supplement for a couple of weeks to see if your stools firm up a bit. If you had improvements with xifaxan, it would suggest that if you had an imbalance of bacteria, this has been successfully dealt with.

Have you tried a food diary or the Low Fodmap diet to see if a particular food is not digesting properly?  Food intolerance is sometimes the problem when you are having altered bowel movements. Colour, size and consistency can change with IBS.

• Posted

The problem is after a couple months off of xifaxan I started to have problems again so prob IBS. I haven't gone on a full fodmap so that is something I will look at next . All this increases my anxiety too so I know it doesn't help my issues as well

• Posted

With IBS, you will have periods of normal or altered bowel habits. Anxiety will make it worse.  Try distraction techniques to help with this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.